The viral message that the Selangor state government is planning to roll out 500K doses of the Sinovac vaccine is FAKE NEWS!
Find out what just went viral on social media, and what the FACTS really are!
Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents Via Selangkah App?
This is the message that has gone viral – claiming that the Selangor state government is planning to roll out 500,000 doses of the Sinovac vaccine by the end of May.
It also called for Selangor residents to register for the Sinovac vaccine using the Selangkah app, and claimed that the Chinese vaccine is the top 2 safest vaccine.
Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents? More Fake News!
The truth is that is more fake news about the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malaysia.
Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : Selangor State Government Refuted The Claim
On 17 May 2021, the Selangor state government issued a media statement, refuting the claim. Here is their statement, with our English translation :
ISU MESEJ TULAR BERKENAAN PENDAFTARAN VAKSIN SELANGOR
1. Saya mengambil maklum berkenaan mesej yang ditularkan menerusi aplikasi Whatsapp yang antaranya menyatakan “The Selangor Government is rolling out additional 500 Sinovac vaccines to Selangorians”.
2. Saya ingin menegaskan bahawa mesej tular tersebut adalah palsu dan tidak benar.
3. Segala kenyataan atau pengumuman rasmi berkenaan vaksin Covid-19 di negeri Selangor hanya akan dikeluarkan oleh YAB Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari (Menteri Besar Selangor) atau YB Dr. Siti Mariah Mahmud (Pengerusi Jawatankuasa Tetap Kesihatan Awam, Perpaduan & Pembangunan Keluarga) sahaja.
On VIRAL MESSAGE REGARDING VACCINE REGISTRATION IN SELANGOR
- I was informed about the viral message on WhatsApp that stated, “The Selangor Government is rolling out additional 500[k] Sinovac vaccines to Selangorians”.
- I would like to stress that the viral message is false and not true.
- All official statements or announcements about the COVID-19 vaccine in the state of Selangor will only be issued by YAB Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari (Chief Minister of Selangor) or YB Dr. Siti Mariah Mahmud (Chairperson of the Permanent Committee on Public Health, Unity and Family Development).
Fact #2 : Many Selangor Residents Do Not Have Selangor Addresses
It is a fact that many Selangor residents come from other states, and do not have Selangor addresses in their MyKad.
That is why when we register for COVID-19 vaccination in MySejahtera, we are asked to key in our location.
Hence, an official effort by the Selangor state government will not rely on the address in your MyKad (IC).
Fact #3 : Sinovac Is Not The Top 2 Safest COVID-19 Vaccine
This is a false claim that we debunked earlier.
Sinovac was never rated as the top 2 safest vaccine. In fact, there is no safety ranking of any vaccine by any authority.
In fact, the article that spurred this claim actually pointed out that the conflicting trial results for the CoronaVac vaccine from Sinovac, and noted that “China’s and Russia’s self-serving propaganda campaigns touting their respective vaccines only increased wariness“.
Recommended : Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Second Dose Set At 12 Weeks!
- WTCKL Vaccination Centre : A Video + Pictorial Guide!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Cause Prion / Alzheimer’s Disease?
- When Can You Get Vaccinated After COVID-19 Infection?
- KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
- Did Salk Institute Prove Covid-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ Universiti Malaya : A Video Guide!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP