Please watch out for the FamilyMart 70th Anniversary survey scam!
Find out why it is just a SCAM, and WARN your family and friends!
FamilyMart 70th Anniversary Survey Scam Alert!
People are now sharing these FamilyMart 70th Anniversary messages on WhatsApp :
FamilyMart 70th Anniversary Survey : Why This Is A Scam
Unfortunately, this is yet another survey scam.
For one thing – FamilyMart was established in Sayama, Japan in September 1973 and incorporated on 1 September 1981.
So they would only be celebrating their 70th anniversary in September 2043 or September 2051!
I know many of us are in dire straits during this COVID-19 pandemic, having lost jobs, income or even loved ones.
Unfortunately, scammers are counting on our desperation to prey on us, using the same survey scam they have been using for years :
- Scam Alert : COVID-19 Relief Fund By Federal Government!
- Scam Alert : Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Scam Alert : Fake DON DON DONKI Giveaway!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
Now, let me show you how to spot these scams next time!
If you spot any of these warning signs, DO NOT PROCEED and DO NOT SHARE!
Warning Sign #1 : Bad Grammar
Most of these scammers do not have a good command of the English language, so if you spot bad grammar, stay away.
Proper contests or events sponsored by major brands like FamilyMart will have a PR or marketing person who will vet the text before allowing it to be posted.
Warning Sign #2 : Offering You Free Money Or Gifts
Please do NOT be naive. No one is going to give you money or free gifts just to participate in a survey!
FamilyMart isn’t going to give you FREE money, just because it’s their anniversary.
They are a corporation whose business is to make money, not a charity to give you free money.
Warning Sign #3 : Not Using The Real FamilyMart Domain
A genuine FamilyMart Malaysia campaign would use the real FamilyMart Malaysia domain – www.familymart.com.my.
Or they would run it off the official FamilyMart Malaysia page on Facebook – www.facebook.com/FamilyMartMY/.
If you see nonsensical domains like uglyarticle.club, ldxqw.bar, etc. that’s a sign of a SCAM!
Warning Sign #4 : Asking You To Forward The Offer
No brand will insist that you must share the offer with 5 groups or 20 friends on WhatsApp.
Do not click to forward their offer to your family and friends. They will not appreciate being scammed with your help!
Warning Sign #5 : Asking You To Download + Register An App
If you click through and joined the fake survey scam, you will eventually be asked to download and register for an app.
That is VERY DANGEROUS. Never agree to download and register for any unknown app from a website.
Always download your apps from an official App Store like Google Play Store (for Android smartphones) and Apple App Store (for iPhones).
- Ivermectin Claims by TUDM Officers : What Are The Facts?
- Kelana Jaya Health Clinic Now Only For COVID-19 Patients?
- EU Digital COVID Certificate : A Comedy Of Errors!
- 1 Utama : No Delta Variant COVID-19 Infections!
- Can Hospitals In Malaysia Use Ivermectin To Treat COVID-19?
- Man Receives Empty Vaccine Injection : How To Avoid This?
- Fact Check : SOGO White Flag Initiative By Datuk Andrew Lim
- Can You Use MySejahtera To Choose COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Did China Contribute 60% Of COVAX Vaccine Supply?
- Stop Using MySejahtera Helpdesk For Vaccine Appointment!
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Business | Tech ARP