Is it true that you must update your MySejahtera status every day, or you could face a RM2,000 fine?
Find out what this new viral claim is all about, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : RM2K Fine For Not Updating MySejahtera Status Every Day!
For several days now, people were sharing a WhatsApp message about updating MySejahtera every alternate day to avoid a RM1,000 fine.
Now, they are sharing a video of a police press conference, with a new warning – update MySejahtera every day, or face a RM2,000 fine!
NO FINE For Not Updating MySejahtera COVID-19 Status!
All those warnings about updating your COVID-19 status on MySejahtera are FALSE.
You won’t get fined for not updating your MySejahtera status. There is no such requirement even in the latest MCO 3.0 full lockdown SOP.
Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : Not Mandatory To Update Your COVID-19 Status
The date in your profile merely states when you last took the COVID-19 Status survey.
It is good practice to update your COVID-19 status, but it is currently NOT MANDATORY.
Therefore, you do not need to fear getting a fine merely because you forgot to redo the COVID-19 status survey.
Fact #2 : SOP Does Not Require Daily COVID-19 Status Update!
The police press conference is genuine, but was misinterpreted. The 29 people who were fined RM 2,000 were all employees of a factory in Manjung, Perak.
According to the police, it is mandatory for factory employees to take the COVID-19 status survey in MySejahtera on a daily basis.
When the Manjung police went to inspect a factory in the Kampong Aceh Industrial Zone in Sitiawan, they found that 29 workers did not update their COVID-19 status in MySejahtera.
In their Facebook page, the Manjung police clarified that the workers were fined under the Manufacturing SOP, not the General (COVID-19) SOP which applies to the public.
However, the 31 May 2021 Manufacturing SOP only required daily COVID-19 status updates for workers who were found to be COVID-19 positive, or close contacts.
In both cases, the workers are supposed to be quarantined, so there is no question of them working, much less updating their MySejahtera COVID-19 status daily to check-in at the factory!
Fact #3 : MKN Confirmed This As False
A day after the fine was issued, the National Security Council (MKN) clarified that there is NO SUCH REQUIREMENT in the SOP.
The Director General of MKN also “advised” the Manjung Police to “take appropriate action and request that the District Health Office cancel the fine”.
Recommended : No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
Fact #4 : COVID-19 Status Can Restrict Your Movements
Your COVID-19 status is important, because it may restrict you from entering public places like malls and even vaccination centres, as the graphic below shows.
However, it is not reliant on your input. Even if you do not update your COVID-19 status by taking the MySejahtera survey, your COVID-19 status may change because of contact tracing by the Ministry of Health.
If you happen to come into close contact with any COVID-19 positive person, your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera will change to reflect that, and you will be barred from entering public places.
That is why it is currently mandatory for public places like malls and vaccination centres to check your COVID-19 status before letting you in.
Recommended : MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
How To Update MySejahtera COVID-19 Status?
While it is not mandatory for the public to update the COVID-19 status in MySejahtera, it is still a good practice to take the survey once in a while.
This video, which was shared on social media, shows you how to update your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera.
For those who prefer a step-by-step guide with pictures, here is how you update your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera!
- Open MySejahtera.
- Tap Close in the default Check-in screen.
- Tap on COVID-19 Status.
- Click Start to begin the MySejahtera COVID-19 survey.
- Answer the six survey questions and tap Submit.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera.
If you go to your profile, you will see that the date has changed.
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- Malaysia Kicks off Ivermectin Trial For COVID-19 Patients!
- Did New York Times Rank Chinese Vaccines As World Safest?
- MySejahtera : How To Change / Cancel Vaccine Appointment?
- New MySejahtera Vaccine Appointment Feature For Seniors?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 4 June 2021 Edition!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
- Did GSK “Accidentally” Make COVID-19 In Wuhan Lab?
- Did Man Die From COVID-19 Contaminated Package?
- MySejahtera : How To Delete / Migrate Vaccine Dependent?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents : Can They Go Alone?
- Did Dr. Joey Avila Die From COVID-19 After Sinovac Dose 2?
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- Vaccine Underdose : What Should You Watch Out For?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Software | Home