INTERPOL and Kaspersky are urging organisations to protect their data against ransomware, because 1 in 3 attacks target business users!
Ransomware Warning : 1 in 3 Attacks Target Business Users!
Recent Kaspersky research revealed that in 2019, WannaCry is still the most prevalent ransomware circulating, and some 30% of people targeted by ransomware were business users!
- 30% of ransomware attacks targeted business users
- Organisations lost, on average, US$1.46 million in costs, fines and repetitional damage in 2019
- WannaCry attacked 164,433 users in 2019, and accounted for 21% of all ransomware attacks.
- GrandCrab accounted for 11% of attacks, while Stop accounted for 4%.
WannaCry, arguably the world’s most famous ransomware, reached its peak 3 years ago – on 12 May 2017 – but continues to wreak havoc on unsuspecting victims.
GrandCrab is famous for its ransomware-as-a-service model, rented out to cybercriminals by its developers. Meanwhile, Stop spreads through compromised software and websites, as well as adware.
Ransomware : How To Protect Your Business
Here are some tips that Kaspersky is recommending to stay protected against ransomware :
- Explain to employees how following simple rules can help a company avoid ransomware incidents.
- Always have fresh back-up copies of your files so you can replace them in case they are lost (e.g. due to malware or a broken device).
- Don’t just rely on a physical backup, but also store your backup in the cloud for greater reliability.
- Always update your operating system and software to eliminate recent vulnerabilities.
- Use anti-ransomware software, which will prevent ransomware from exploiting vulnerabilities in software and applications – especially important for customers who continue to use Windows 7.
And if a corporate device is encrypted by ransomware, please remember that the attack is a criminal offence. You should NOT pay the ransom.
Instead, report the ransomware attack to your local law enforcement agency, and find a decryptor that may work for you. Some are available for FREE.
- Acronis Cyber Protect : What Does It Offer?
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- AMD GPU Source Code Hack : What’s Going On?
- Cyber Crime WhatsApp Warning Hoax Debunked!
- Bitcoin Revolution : Fake Celebrity Endorsements Exposed!
- COVID-19 Email Scams + Malware Are Spreading!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- TikTok Finally Bans Deadly Skull Breaker Challenge!
- Microsoft : Cybersecurity Trends + How To Stay Safe In 2020!
- Operation Goldfish Alpha : INTERPOL Tackles Cryptojacking!
- Kaspresso : FREE Android App Testing Tool Released!
- WizardOpium Exploit : Update Google Chrome ASAP!
- NX Technology from The Tech ARP BIOS Guide!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- The Microsoft Secured-core PC Initiative Explained!
- Acronis True Image 2020 – Everything You Need To Know!
- Dimension Data Managed Cloud Platform Enhanced With Cisco Solutions!
- Kaspersky Selects Malaysia For APAC Transparency Center!
- Why Cybersecurity Is Critical For Industry 4.0 Success
- Why AI Digital Intuition Will Deliver Cyberimmunity By 2050!
- Kaspersky Travel Scam Alert + Advisory For The Holidays!
- Incident Response – Five Key Factors CISOs Should Consider!
- The 2019 Kaspersky Cybersecurity Report – Key Findings + Advice!
- The 2019 Kaspersky ICS CERT Report + Recommendations!
- How To Deal With The Momo Challenge + Hype!
- The AndOwningIt Campaign By Kaspersky Lab + The Mix!
- Kaspersky Lab Warns Of Malicious Cryptocurrency Mining!
- Kaspersky Lab Tips On Staying Safe While Shopping Online!
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Home