Was Indian journalist, Pragya Mishra, murdered in broad daylight after criticising the Kumbh Mela festival for causing the catastrophic COVID-19 surge?
Find out what the viral video of her murder showed, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Pragya Mishra Killed In Broad Daylight Over COVID-19 Comments!
Two videos and a photo are going viral on WhatsApp, claiming that Indian journalist Pragya Mishra was killed in broad daylight after she criticised the recent Kumbh Mela festival in India for causing the catastrophic surge in COVID-19.
The first video showed the news segment in which Pragya Mishra talked about the Kumbh Mela and the COVID-19 tsunami.
The second video was CCTV footage showing a woman getting stabbed by a man in broad daylight.
The videos are accompanied by one or two pictures showing the woman lying in a pool of blood, with one of these messages :
No! Pragya Mishra Was NOT Killed Over COVID-19 Comments!
This is yet another COVID-19 related hoax. Pragya Mishra is alive and well.
It has been suggested that the fake news was created as a kind of warning to Pragya Mishra – watch what you are saying about Hindus and the Kumbh Mela, or else…
That is something we cannot prove, but here are the facts that we can prove…
Fact #1 : Pragya Mishra Is Alive And Well
These videos and photos first circulated on or just before 18 April 2021.
At that time, Pragya Mishra was at home because of “COVID-19 protocols”. When she was informed about the videos and photos, she tweeted that she was safe.
As of 30 April 2021, she’s still active on her Twitter account, @PragyaLive.
Fact #2 : Second Video Was Of A Real Murder
Unfortunately, the second video is genuine, and shows the murder of a real woman on 10 April 2021.
It was not Pragya Mishra, but a 26 year-old lady called Neelu Mehta, who worked at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
She was stabbed and murdered in broad daylight by her husband, Harish Mehta, an employee of the Marriage Bureau.
Allegedly, he suspected his newly-wed wife of eight months of infidelity, and stabbed her to death. Even after she died, he continued stabbing her.
Sadly, no one intervened or tried to help her.
- Are Mamak Restaurants Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain?
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 28 April 2021 Edition!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Now Optional, Could Offer A Shortcut!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- On The JAKIM + JPM Petition To Lift COVID-19 Measures!
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Home