The KL City Council (DBKL) created confusion yesterday after posting old information on CMCO cross-district travel issued by MyGCC months ago.
Find out what happened, and what you really need to know about the new CMCO lockdown of KL, Selangor and Putrajaya!
DBKL Issued Old MyGCC Info On CMCO Cross-District Travel
It created a lot of confusion because the post directly contradicts what the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) said yesterday.
Note : We added the FALSE overlay to avoid the screenshot from being misused and shared online.
The MyGCC infographic states that Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur and Selangor are categorised as Klang Valley, and that for the purpose of the CMCO lockdown, travel between the three states are considered as inter-district travel.
Yet yesterday, both the MKN and the Defence Minister himself, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, announced that cross-district travel is forbidden, except for work purposes – and employment passes or letters are required to get through road blocks.
The CMCO Cross-District Info Confirmed INVALID
Several netizens pointed out that the MyGCC infographic appears to be the one they issued in May 2020, for a different CMCO lockdown.
MyGCC themselves posted a different infographic, and specifically said that,
“Entering and existing these districts and inter-district travel is forbidden. Workers who need to travel cross-district must show a work pass or employment letter from their employers“.
On 14 October 2020, MyGCC finally issued this infographic debunking what MBPJ posted :
DBKL finally removed their erroneous post at the end of yesterday. But people keep circulating their post on social media, especially in WhatsApp groups.
Please share this article out so that people understand that while the infographic was indeed created by MyGCC, it was for an earlier CMCO in May 2020, and does NOT apply to the new CMCO / PKPB lockdown.
KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : What’s Allowed + Not Allowed
Here is a partial list of what’s allowed and what’s not allowed during the CMCO (PKPB) lockdown of KL, Selangor and Putrajaya :
- No one is allowed to enter or leave the areas under CMCO lockdown.
- Cross-district travel is forbidden, except for work, economic or industrial purposes.
- Cross-district travel for emergencies (sickness and funeral) requires advanced notice to the police.
- Workers will need a valid work pass or letter of permission from their employers to get past state and district roadblocks.
- Employers are encouraged to let their employees work from home.
- Travellers from other states who need to pass through Selangor and Kuala Lumpur to other states should obtain prior permission from the nearest police station.
- Individuals who intend to travel by air through KLIA, KLIA2 and Subang Airport must obtain prior permission from the police.
- Only two persons from each household are allowed to go out to purchase daily necessities.
For the full list of what’s allowed and not allowed during this new CMCO (PKPB) lockdown, please click here!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Machines Mid Valley : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 1 Utama Mac City COVID-19 Infection : An Update!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- COVID-19 Reality Check : 34.5 Million Infected, 1 Million Dead!
- IMR : D614G Mutation Found In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- COVID-19 : Release Patients Even If Positive After 14 Days?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- Hydroxychloroquine Risk : Death From Cardiac Arrest!
- How Social Contact Spreads COVID-19 + Creates Clusters!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- China Just Sent Donald Trump These Face Shields!
- DIY Face Shield : An Easy Way To Make / Mass Produce!
- Is COVID-19 An Airborne Virus? Here Are The Facts!
- Can COVID-19 Spread Through Fruits & Vegetables?
- COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Business | Home