Did this man with a pink wristband break his COVID-19 quarantine at a private clinic, and put other people at risk.
Find out what happened, and what the FACTS really are!
Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine?
Yesterday, a concerned citizen posted a photo and a video of a man wearing a pink COVID-19 wristband, suggesting that he was breaking his mandatory home quarantine.
He was at a private clinic in a Mutiara Damansara mall when the man walked in. When he spotted the pink wristband, he took a photo and a video of the man.
He then reported the matter to the mall security, before posting the photo and video on Facebook.
The post naturally went viral, with many people condemning the man and some even threatening violence.
The New Straits Times even picked it up, and posted about it. Oddly enough – they did not even call the clinic in question to verify the story.
Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine? No!
While it may appear as the man was breaking his COVID-19 home quarantine, that is completely UNTRUE, and here are the facts!
Fact #1 : The Man Had Already Tested Negative Once
Like everyone who returned from abroad, the man had already undergone a mandatory antigen rapid test.
He was only allowed to return home for his 14-day home quarantine, after testing negative.
Fact #2 : The Man Was Getting His Day 13 Antibody Test
The man with the pink wristband was following Malaysia Ministry of Health’s SOP – to undertake his mandatory COVID-19 antibody test on the 13th day of his home quarantine.
Only after his Day 13 antibody test is negative, can his wristband be removed by the District Health Office, and his home quarantine officially discharged.
Fact #3 : The Man Was Asymptomatic During His Quarantine
Even though he was still officially within the 14-day home quarantine period, he was asymptomatic.
Everyone on home quarantine is checked on a daily basis, and will be taken to the hospital if they become symptomatic.
Only those who are asymptomatic (and therefore likely to be free from COVID-19) will be allowed to go to specially-certified government or private clinics for their Day 13 Antibody Test.
Fact #4 : The Clinic Was Specially Certified For COVID-19 RTK Ab Tests
The doctor was specially trained and certified to test asymptomatic returnees using the COVID-19 antibody rapid test kits.
Both the clinic and the man followed MOH guidelines, taking the necessary precautions like wearing face masks.
At no point was anyone placed at risk during this, or the many COVID-19 tests, performed at this clinic.
Fact #5 : The Doctor Personally Clarified The Case
The doctor personally called and explained the facts to the man who posted the photo and video, but he declined to remove his post.
The doctor then posted this statement in response to his Facebook post (now removed) :
Incidentally, he tested negative in the Day 13 Ab test – his second negative COVID-19 test.
But New Straits Times Posted About It…
It appears that the New Straits Times posted their story without verifying the facts with the clinic in question.
As of 10 AM this morning, no one from NST called the clinic. Perhaps they would do so later today…
If anyone from NST is reading this, we would like to point out another error – the clinic isn’t inside a supermarket.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Home Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Are They?
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Free Influenza Vaccine Expiring Soon : Should You Take It?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fake CARES Act YouTube Video Perpetuates COVID-19 Hoax
- Fact Check : CARES Act (HR 748) Proves COVID-19 Plot!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Acronis Cyber Protect : What Does It Offer?
Support Tech ARP!