Are mamak and nasi kandar restaurants spreading the Indian COVID-19 strain?
Find out what people are sharing on social media, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Mamak Restaurants Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain!
This warning has been spreading on WhatsApp, with a link to a MalaysiaKini report called KL restaurant customer part of new cluster, nine cases report today.
There are two versions – one in Bahasa Malaysia, and one in English.
PERINGATAN KOD MERAH KEPADA SELURUH MALAYSIA
Menjauhkan diri dari kedai Mamak, nasi kandar dań semua restaurant india yang mengambil pekerja india dari india untuk sementara waktu, sekumpulan covid baru di Kuala Lumpur berpotensi merebak ke seluruh negara.
Genom G64 covid 19 dari india dan mesir adalah virus penyebar super. Tiada ada vaksin atau rawatan yang sesuai untuk virus ini sekurang-kurangnya hinge 2023. Strategi melarikan diri dari virus ini tidak dapat dilakukan pada masa ini.
CODE RED WARNING TO ALL MALAYSIAN
Stay away from Mamak shop, nasi bandar and all Indian restaurant hiring Indian workers from India utk sementara waktu, a new covid cluster in KL and potentially spread to the whole country.
Genom G64 covid 19 from india and Egypt are super spreader virus. No appropriate vaccines or treatment for these viruses at least till 2023. Escape strategy for these virus cannot be done at the moment.
NO! Mamak Restaurants Are NOT Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain!
The viral warning has actually been circulating since August 2020 and is completely false! Here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : MalaysiaKini Labelled It Fake
Most people do not read beyond the headlines or the message, and the person who created this fake message knows that very well.
He/she intentionally inserted the link to a genuine MalaysiaKini article, to make it look like a genuine warning based on the article.
However, the article does not refer to any particular COVID-19 strain, or referred to any super spreader variant.
It only mentioned that the first two cases in the Maju cluster involved workers at a restaurant, but it is unknown if they are foreigners or locals.
In any case, MalaysiaKini labelled the message as FAKE on 27 August 2020.
Malaysiakini would like to warn its readers that one of the news portal’s articles regarding the Covid-19 outbreak is being used to spread a fake message via WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp message uses this genuine link and attaches fake news with a xenophobic message and fake science.
Fact #2 : There Is No G64 COVID-19 Strain
There is no such thing as a G64 strain of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
At that time, the concern was over the D614G strain that was detected in the Sivagangga Cluster, which originated from India.
The D614G strain is more infectious than the original strain, but is not more dangerous.
This fake news is spreading again in April 2021, because there is a catastrophic surge of COVID-19 cases in India; and they found a new variant with double mutations – both L452R and E484Q mutations.
However, this new variant is not linked to the surge of COVID-19 cases in India. That was due to the Indian government allowing massive political rallies and the giant Kumbh Mela festival to proceed.
Fact #3 : There Are Now Vaccines!
We have to point this out, because this viral message is still spreading, and people actually believe that there is no vaccine for this (fake) G64 strain of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Multiple COVID-19 vaccines have now been approved, and administered worldwide. So make sure you get vaccinated against COVID-19 ASAP!
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 28 April 2021 Edition!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Now Optional, Could Offer A Shortcut!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- On The JAKIM + JPM Petition To Lift COVID-19 Measures!
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Checks | Home