The viral infographic claiming that the PKPD for eight states and federal territories in Malaysia was just extended to 3 January 2021 is FALSE.
Take a look at what just went viral on social media, and why it is just fake news!
Claim : PKPD in Malaysia Extended To 3 January 2021?
This was the infographic that went viral on social media today, 3 December 2020. We added the FALSE overlay to prevent further abuse.
It claimed that the PKPD (Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Diperketatkan) or EMCO (Enhanced Movement Control Order) for these eight states and federal territories in Malaysia was just extended to 3 January 2021.
- Kuala Lumpur
- Pulau Pinang
PKPD In Malaysia Extended To 3 January 2021 : FAKE NEWS!
That infographic is fake and was edited from previous infographics released by the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN).
For the Doubting Thomases of the world who always ask, “How you know?”, here are the facts why…
Fact #1 : There Is No PKPD / EMCO Of Any State In Malaysia
There is no PKPD or EMCO covering an entire state or federal territory in Malaysia.
Only PKPB (Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Bersyarat) or CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order) exists for these seven states or federal territories :
- North : Penang, Perak
- East : Terengganu, Kelantan
- Central : Selangor, Kuala Lumpur
- South : Negeri Sembilan
Fact #2 : Labuan Is A Federal Territory
Labuan is always listed as WP Labuan in government infographics, because it is a federal territory, like Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
Fact #3 : The Government Has Debunked It As Fake
The Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) has just publicly debunked the infographic as fake (with our English translation).
INI ADALAH PALSU!! Tak pasti jangan kongsi.
THIS IS FALSE!! Don’t share if not sure.
- Fact Check : Fat Bidin Claims On MySejahtera Snooping!
- Fact Check : Tsunami Waves Hit Second Penang Bridge?
- Nobel laureate Tasuku Honjo confident US created COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Amazing Robot Dancers At Shanghai Disneyland!
- Maradona : Donald Trump Mistook Him For Madonna?
- Scott Morrison : Did He Mistake Maradona For Madonna?
- Fact Check : HKL Preparing For 3K COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Fact Check : Foreign Workers With Pink COVID-19 Bracelets?
- Fact Check : Is There Pork In OLDTOWN Curry Mee?
- RM399 Laguna Redang 3D2N Holiday : Bait & Switch Scam?
- Is Gadget Radiation Killing Kids Forced To Study At Home?
- CMCO : No Special Seating Or Face Mask In Your Own Car!
- Was This Driver FINED For Letting His Wife Sit Next To Him?
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Business | Home