Is the new face mask and social distancing SOP for Malaysia that’s been circulating on social media true?
Find out what people are sharing about the new face mask and social distancing SOPs, and what the FACTS really are!
New Malaysia Face Mask SOP For Driving + Eating Out?
This is the message that’s gone viral on social media – a summary of new face mask and social distancing requirements for driving and eating out at cafes and restaurants…
SOP For Travelling wef 1 Aug 2020
MCO Query Phone +60388882010
Called the above number to seek clarification on the mandatory mask requirement for in-car travel.
Call the above number for any MCO related info.
Please take note.
1) If you are driving alone or with others in the car must be from same household, with MyKad showing all having same house address, then there is no need to wear face mask. And maximum load of 5 persons only.
2) But if more than one person in the car is from different households, all MUST wear face masks.
3) It is also required to practice social distancing in the car. If small cars like Perodua Axia, the passenger must be seated behind. Only 2 in a car.
For bigger vehicles like sedan, MPV/SUV, if seats are more than 3 feet wide, you can be seated next to each other with one empty seat in between (back row).
4) For public transports like buses, LRT, MRT, trains, Masks are compulsory.
1) Social distancing must be adhered
▪ Minimum 1 metre apart.
▪ Small table – 2 persons
▪ Large table – 4 persons
2) Register your particulars.
▪ Body temperature
▪ Name in full
▪ Handphone number.
3) Face mask – keep your mask on while:-
▪ waiting for food or drink
▪ using your handphone
▪ reading newspaper
▪ put your mask on immediately after eating & drinking (you can only take off your mask while eating or drinking).
▪ Don’t pull down your mask to your chin.
▪ Don’t hang it on one ear.
▪ Don’t place it on the table.
▪ Put it inside a bag or your pocket.
▪ Leave as soon as you have finished eating and drinking. Don’t use the eatery as a venue for socializing at this time.
New Malaysia Face Mask SOP For Driving + Eating Out : BULLSHIT
Here is a short and sweet rebuttal of the viral message that people have been sharing like crazy today – it’s BULLSHIT.
Everyone’s worried because 1 August 2020 is the first day of the new mandatory requirement to wear face masks in public in Malaysia. Failure to do so will incur a fine of RM 1,000 per person.
Here are the facts why this is yet another fake post on social media :
Fact #1 : Face Masks Only Compulsory In Public Transportation + Public Spaces
On 23 July 2020, Senior Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that the face mask will be mandatory in these public spaces starting 1 August 2020.
- Inside public transportation
- Crowded public spaces
- Areas where social distancing is impossible
Those who flout the mandatory face mask rule will be subject to a fine of up to RM 1,000. There is no requirement to wear face masks in personal vehicles in Malaysia, as we pointed out earlier.
Fact #2 : Checks Are Not Based On MyKad Addresses
Malaysian MyKad addresses are not used to verify if people in a private vehicle are from the same family or living together. That’s because they are often not up to date.
A husband and wife, or housemates, will often have different addresses, as there is no requirement to change or update addresses even if one is married, or move to a different address.
It is really illogical to use MyKad addresses to determine if people are from the same family, or living together. That’s why the police won’t ask to see the address on your MyKad.
In fact, there is no requirement to wear a face mask in your own car in Malaysia, so the police won’t even stop you!
Fact #3 : Social Distancing Is Not Required In Private Vehicles
There is no requirement to perform social distancing in vehicles. Not even in taxis and e-hailing vehicles.
In the Malaysia Transportation Ministry SOP issued on 23 June 2020, social distancing isn’t required in taxis and e-hailing vehicles, as long as they are from the same family.
Both driver and passengers are protected by the requirement for everyone to wear a face mask inside taxis and e-hailing vehicles in Malaysia.
Fact #4 : MCMC Confirmed The Post As Fake
MCMC (Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission) issued not one, but two notices, to confirm that the SOPs for wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing in vehicles are FALSE.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check : Petronas Petrol Stations Cheat At The Pump?
- Fact Check : China Threatens West With Waterloo In SCS?
- Fact Check : Wear Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000?
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Fact Check : Morgue Employee Cremated By Mistake?
- Fact Check : Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine?
- Home Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Are They?
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Free Influenza Vaccine Expiring Soon : Should You Take It?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Automotive + Travel | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!