Is Malaysia entering the 3rd wave of COVID-19 infections? That’s what a new viral message on social media is warning!
Find out what the viral message is claiming, and what the facts really are!
Claim : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19!
A viral message is spreading on social media, claiming that Malaysia is officially experiencing the 3rd wave of COVID-19 infections.
Here is the original message in Bahasa Malaysia, and our English translation :
Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19? Not Quite…
While the advice in the viral message is correct, the rest of it is not quite correct. Let’s examine the facts…
Fact #1 : The MOH Calls The Viral Message False
The Ministry of Health Malaysia labels the viral message as false.
Although they did not state why, it is probably because they did not ask the government to reinstate the stricter Movement Control Order.
Fact #2 : Malaysia Is Not Yet In A Third Wave Of COVID-19 Infections
Despite the recent increases in new cases, Malaysia is not yet in the third wave of COVID-19 infections.
That said, the Ministry of Health Malaysia has expressed concerns about the recent increases, which could portend a third wave if not addressed immediately.
The Malaysian Director General of Health, Datuk Seri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, shared earlier today the latest predictive modelling of COVID-19 infections in Malaysia.
He pointed out that the number of active cases dropped to just 63 on 9 July 2020, but has since increased to over 100 cases on 19 July.
While this does not mean Malaysia is experiencing a third wave of infections right now, that may be the case if Malaysian residents (both citizens and foreigners alike) do not continue to keep safe by :
- Staying at home or sheltering in place
- Keeping your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keeping your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- Maintaining a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wearing a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Washing your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Fact #3 : Foreign Cases Are A Concern
Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah also pointed out that three of the 13 new COVID-19 clusters that caused local infections originated from imported cases – people returning from overseas, and allowed to self-quarantine.
- Novgorod PUI Cluster
- Shirala PUI Cluster
- Pitakwa PUI Cluster
A fourth “imported” cluster – the Jupiter cluster – did not lead to local infections because the infections were limited to the docked ship.
To prevent imported cases from creating new local infection clusters, the Malaysian government announced that self-quarantine would no longer be permitted.
Beginning 24 July 2020, anyone entering Malaysia from abroad, whether they are citizens of foreigners, must undergo a compulsory 14-day quarantine at official Quarantine Facilities.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Free Influenza Vaccine Expiring Soon : Should You Take It?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fake CARES Act YouTube Video Perpetuates COVID-19 Hoax
- Fact Check : CARES Act (HR 748) Proves COVID-19 Plot!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Acronis Cyber Protect : What Does It Offer?
Go Back To > First Page | Science | Home
Support Tech ARP!