Photos of a Lazada delivery man licking and spitting on a package is going viral, with warnings to sanitise packages you receive from Lazada and other delivery services.
Find out what happened, and decide for yourself if he really did lick that package!
Claim : Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking Package!
This Facebook post, and similar variants, are going viral on social media and WhatsApp, showing what appears to be a Lazada delivery man licking and spitting on a package.
Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking Package : The Facts
This Facebook post appears to be genuine, but is being disputed by the Lazada delivery man caught in the images above.
Here is what we know so far…
Fact #1 : The Incident Happened On 3 December 2020
In social media, the posts are often shared stating that “it happened today”, or “this just happened”, or left unsaid.
The original post appears to have been removed, but based on our investigations, the incident happened at around 5:30 PM on 3 December 2020.
Fact #2 : The Incident Happened In Manila
You may have seen people claiming that this happened “locally”, but that lacks context.
The incident did not happen in Singapore or Malaysia or even Thailand.
It happened outside a home in Ayala Alabang in Muntinlupa, Metro Manila in the Philippines.
Fact #3 : The Lazada Delivery Man Disputed The Claim
The Lazada delivery man, Justine Rainer Israel of Pasay City, publicly disputed the claim.
In a Facebook post (now removed), he accused the OP (Original Poster) of discrimination, saying that rich people like them look down on poor people like him.
Here is the rough English translation, please correct us if we are wrong :
Fact #4 : Netizens Dispute His Claim
While some netizens commiserated with the Lazada delivery man, other netizens pointed out that :
- it was wrong to remove the face mask and place the package against his face and mouth
- the Lazada delivery team was only there for less than 6 minutes
- he was seen in the CCTV footage swinging the package and hitting it against his leg
Lazada Delivery Guy Licking Package : Should You Be Worried?
Should you be worried if your local Lazada delivery guy, or any other delivery guy for the matter, licks your packages, or spits on them?
Other than the fact that it is highly unsanitary, the risk of catching COVID-19 from packages is practically nil, although it has been considered a possible mode of transmission.
So far, there has been no record of anyone getting infected by COVID-19 through fomites – contaminated objects like that package.
That said, it is a good idea to wipe down any parcel or package you receive. But more importantly, you should always maintain good hand hygiene by washing your hands with soap, or using a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During RMCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Why Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Good Enough
- How Honeywell Is Helping Industries Tackle COVID-19
- Kaspersky on APAC Digital Reputation Threats!
- RMCO / PKPP in Malaysia : New SOP for December 2020!
- Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : New December 2020 SOP!
- Sony PG Tec Facility Will Close By September 2021!
- Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Sheltered Harbor!
- PowerProtect Data Manager Nov 2020 Update: What’s New?
- 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series IDPA : What’s New?
- Is Gadget Radiation Killing Kids Forced To Study At Home?
- Lazada RedMart Data Breach : What You Need To Know!
- Fact Check : Avoiding The Future Plague, The Viral 1956 PSA!
- VMware vSphere 7 Now Supports AMD SEV-ES Encryption!
- How Hackers Attack Healthcare During COVID-19 Pandemic!
- Scam Alert : Bank Negara Malaysia Scam Email!
- WD NAS Can’t Be Seen In Windows? Here Are The Solutions!
- HUAWEI 5G Aces GSMA NESAS Security Audit : The Impact?
- AMD CDNA Architecture : Tech Highlights!
- AMD Instinct MI100 : 11.5 TFLOPS In A Single Card!
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!