The Kashi Mining Company has come under scrutiny for falsely using the photos of Malaysia’s Director-General of Health, as well as other notable Malaysians.
Find out what they did, and why it is a fake company website being used to scam people of their money!
Kashi Mining Company : Fake Company
Malaysia’s Director-General of Health, Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, publicly announced that Kashi Mining Company has falsely used his picture, listing him as their COO.
It cast a spotlight on Kashi Mining Company, that claims to be an award-winning company based in Labuan, and yet owns 5 gem mines around the world.
Their management team appears to be comprised of respectable-looking Malaysians. However, a closer look will reveal that Kashi Mining Company misappropriated photos of notable Malaysians :
- Mohamed Lew (CEO) : That is really Mohamad Abdullah, the Senior Deputy Registrar of Universiti Sains Malaysia’s Student Affairs and Alumni Department.
- Aidan Razif (COO) : That is really Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, the Malaysia Director-General of Health.
- Imran Sin (Managing Director) : That is really Alex Ng, Goodyear Malaysia’s Managing Director.
- Umar Yow (Company Secretary) : That is really KM Liew, Director and Head of IT & Mobile, Samsung Malaysia.
A quick check of their company address and Google location – both slightly different locations in Labuan, showed that the company does not exist, at least at those locations.
Kashi Mining Company : Fake Website
The Kashi Mining Company website is not only full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes, the pictures used have also been misappropriated.
The pictures of the mining vehicles and mining operations have all been taken from companies like MEDATECH Engineering Services, MacLean Engineering, and Epiroc.
We added the scam alert overlay to avoid that screenshot from being abused. Needless to say, Kashi Mining Company does not have 250 staff manning 5 gem mines across the world.
A quick WHOIS check of their domain also reveals that this is a relatively new website, with the domain registered only in October 2019 :
Registrar : NAMECHEAP INC
Whois Server: whois.namecheap.com
Status : clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registered On : 2019-10-18
Expires On : 2020-10-18
Registrant Name : WhoisGuard Protected
IP Address : 18.104.22.168
Hosting Company : HostNowNow.com
Obviously, a genuine award-winning gem mining company would not have such a new website and domain.
In addition, they would not hide their contact details using a protection service like WhoisGuard.
Kashi Mining Company : Fake Procurement Scam!
The truth is the Kashi Mining Company does not exist, and their website is part of a fake procurement scam.
Popular in West African countries like Benin, Cameroon, and Nigeria, these scammers offer you a chance to bid on a contract for a large quantity of their products. Gems in this case.
They will offer you extremely good prices on their products, and use fake companies with websites like Kashi Mining Company to trick you into believing that they are genuine.
A different version of the scam flips the narrative – the scammers will offer to purchase large quantities of your products, like machinery.
Whether they offer to sell or purchase, you will be asked to pay some kind of processing fee or legal fees, by government authorities or their lawyers or even transportation companies.
All you need to know is that these are SCAMMERS out to cheat you of your money.
Don’t fall for their tricks. Make sure you WARN your family and friends!
- Fact Check: Somaliland Reps Wear Koteka To Taiwan Meeting!
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Mac Camera Cover Guide : Why Apple Is Wrong!
- TikTok + ByteDance Ban By Donald Trump Explained!
- WeChat + Tencent Holdings Ban By Donald Trump Explained!
- INTERPOL : Alarming Rate Of COVID-19 Cyberattacks!
- Fact Check : Chinese Robot Dancer @ Shanghai Disneyland!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : New Malaysia Face Mask SOP For Driving + Eating Out?
- Fact Check : Petronas Petrol Stations Cheat At The Pump?
- Fact Check : China Threatens West With Waterloo In SCS?
- Fact Check : Wear Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000?
- Fact Check : Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine?
- Home Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Are They?
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check: Coffee Compounds Found To Prevent COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- Face Mask : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Fact Check : Fox News Hot Mic Leaks COVID-19 Hoax + Vaccine
- Fact Check : Empty Hospitals Prove COVID-19 Is Fake?
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- DIY Face Shield : An Easy Way To Make / Mass Produce!
- Can COVID-19 Spread Through Fruits & Vegetables?
- COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Did The Chinese Use Tea To Cure COVID-19 In Wuhan?
- Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Catching Fire : Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
Go Back To > Internet Fact Checks | Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!