Ji Shan Foundation is yet another fake charity misusing photos of sick children and a sob story to CHEAT you of your hard-earned money!
Please help us TAKE THEM DOWN, and SHARE THIS ARTICLE so others won’t get cheated too!
Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam
Ji Shan Foundation is a charity scam that recently posted this fake call for contributions :
Those who wish to donate can donate the money to your dad’s account:
Name: Sim Zhi Yew (Shen Zhiyao)
CIMB BANK ： 【7073855324】
Name: Shen Jiaqi [7 years old] Shen Zihao [5 years old] Gender: Female / male
Condition: Acute lymphocyte leukemia
Note : We added the Scam overlay to avoid further abuse of the picture.
Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
This scam is actually an old RECYCLED scam. It was first posted in March 2019, the same day the Ji Shan Foundation Facebook page was created.
At that time, the Ji Shan Foundation scam urged people to donate to a different “father” – Chai Kok Weng, with a different set of photos.
That same scam was updated on 16 April 2020 to change the name of the benefactor to Sim Zhi Yew, with a different bank account!
Ji Shan Foundation STOLE the photos from Lim Ek who posted those photos on 4 December 2019.
As you can see in his post, his two children were admitted to the Parkcity Medical Centre for Influenza A (H1N1), not leukaemia.
Sim Zhi Yew + Chai Kok Weng : Known Charity Scammers
Both Sim Zhi Yew and Chai Kok Weng have been reported as charity scammers for some time now.
They are currently in the list of 79 reported charity scammers in Malaysia, with the following bank accounts.
- Sim Zhi Yew : Public Bank 6482344412 | CIMB 7073855324
- Chai Kok Weng : RHB 10809800162232
Recommended : Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
Ji Shan Foundation Charity : REPORT THEM!
Despite people reporting the Ji Shan Foundation charity page for over a year now, Facebook has left them alone.
It looks like it will take A LOT of people reporting them before Facebook will do anything. You can help take them down by reporting their page as Fraud or scam :
Charity Scam : How To Avoid It?
While many of us want to help people in need, you should NEVER send money to a charity that you have not first verified to be a genuine charity.
You should certainly NOT send money to any person, without first confirming that he/she really needs the money for that critical surgery or medication.
It doesn’t matter if you are just sending a small token sum. Even ringgit / dollar you send them quickly becomes a substantial amount, and worse, encourages them to create new charity scams.
In Malaysia, you can also use this Commercial Crime Investigations Division page* to check if a bank account number or telephone number has been reported to the Royal Malaysian Police.
* However, please note that the CCID database is not comprehensive, because scammers can easily change their bank accounts and telephone numbers. Also, many victims are unaware they were scammed, and thus never reported them to the police.
The safest thing to do is NOT to send anyone money. Visit them directly to ascertain their authenticity, and donate directly to them.
- Fact Check : Chinese Not Allowed In Australian Supermarkets
- Fact Check : Empty Hospitals Prove COVID-19 Is Fake?
- Fact Check : Funeral Home Accidentally Cremated Employee!
- Hydroxychloroquine Risk : Death From Cardiac Arrest!
- How Malaysia Manages PPE Supply To Combat COVID-19
- How Social Contact Spreads COVID-19 + Creates Clusters!
- Fact Check : McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Giveaway!
- Fact Check : Thai King Death From COVID-19
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- DIY Face Shield : An Easy Way To Make / Mass Produce!
- Is COVID-19 An Airborne Virus? Here Are The Facts!
- Can COVID-19 Spread Through Fruits & Vegetables?
- COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Chloroquine Poisoning : Do NOT Use It To Prevent COVID-19!
- Did The Chinese Use Tea To Cure COVID-19 In Wuhan?
- Cyber Crime WhatsApp Warning Hoax Debunked!
- Bitcoin Revolution : Fake Celebrity Endorsements Exposed!
- COVID-19 Email Scams + Malware Are Spreading!
- Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Catching Fire : Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Why Snakes Are Not Hosts!
- Chloroquine Was NOT Approved By FDA To Treat COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine, But…
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
- MYEG vs KKM : Our COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Real!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap : Which Should YOU Use?
- Why Snakes Are Not Source Of Wuhan Coronavirus!
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Yes! Surgical Masks Can Protect Us Against Influenza!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Home