Please watch out for the Jaya Grocer 20th Anniversary survey scam!
Find out why it is just a SCAM, and WARN your family and friends!
Jaya Grocer 20th Anniversary Survey Scam Alert!
People are now sharing these Jaya Grocer 20th Anniversary messages on WhatsApp :
Jaya Grocer 20th Anniversary Survey : Why This Is A Scam
Unfortunately, this is yet another survey scam, like the FamilyMart 70th Anniversary scam!
For one thing – Jaya Grocer was established in 2007, with its first outlet in Jaya 33 in Petaling Jaya 2007.
So they would only be celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2027!
Jaya Grocer also confirmed that this survey is a scam.
I know many of us are in dire straits during this COVID-19 pandemic, having lost jobs, income or even loved ones.
Unfortunately, scammers are counting on our desperation to prey on us, using the same survey scam they have been using for years :
- FamilyMart 70th Anniversary Survey Scam Alert!
- Scam Alert : COVID-19 Relief Fund By Federal Government!
- Scam Alert : Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Scam Alert : Fake DON DON DONKI Giveaway!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
Now, let me show you how to spot these scams next time!
If you spot any of these warning signs, DO NOT PROCEED and DO NOT SHARE!
Warning Sign #1 : Bad Grammar
Most of these scammers do not have a good command of the English language, so if you spot bad grammar, stay away.
Proper contests or events sponsored by major brands like Jaya Grocer will have a PR or marketing person who will vet the text before allowing it to be posted.
Warning Sign #2 : Offering You Free Money Or Gifts
Please do NOT be naive. No one is going to give you money or free gifts just to participate in a survey!
Jaya Grocer isn’t going to give you FREE money, just because it’s their anniversary.
They are a corporation whose business is to make money, not a charity to give you free money.
Warning Sign #3 : Not Using The Real Jaya Grocer Domain
A genuine Jaya Grocer campaign would use their real domain – www.jayagrocer.com.
Or they would run it off the official Jaya Grocer page on Facebook – www.facebook.com/jayagrocer/.
If you see nonsensical domains like uglyarticle.club, ldxqw.bar, etc. that’s a sign of a SCAM!
Warning Sign #4 : Asking You To Forward The Offer
No brand will insist that you must share the offer with 5 groups or 20 friends on WhatsApp.
Do not click to forward their offer to your family and friends. They will not appreciate being scammed with your help!
Warning Sign #5 : Asking You To Download + Register An App
If you click through and joined the fake survey scam, you will eventually be asked to download and register for an app.
That is VERY DANGEROUS. Never agree to download and register for any unknown app from a website.
Always download your apps from an official App Store like Google Play Store (for Android smartphones) and Apple App Store (for iPhones).
- Fact Check : Survivor Lillian On How To Survive COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Dr. Kenny Yong On How To Survive COVID-19
- FDA Approval vs EUA for Vaccines : What’s The Difference?
- Have Malaysian Soldiers Been Taking Ivermectin Since 1970s?
- Surviving COVID-19 Does Not Make You An Expert!
- Did US Marine Corp Reject Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination?
- FLCCC Allegedly Said 15 Ivermectin Tablets Safe To Take?!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Business | Tech ARP