Did Israel reject a request for 10 extra minutes to vacate the Al Jazeera building in Gaza, before bombing it?
Find out what’s this viral claim all about, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Israel Rejected Al Jazeera Request For 10 More Minutes!
A video showing a man pleading with Israeli authorities for 10 more minutes before a building is demolished, is being circulated, together with this message :
Did Israel Reject Al Jazeera Request For 10 Extra Minutes? Not Quite…
Irrespective of our views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, we must agree that they should be based on facts.
We investigated this video and claim, and here are the FACTS :
Fact #1 : That Is Not The Director Of Al Jazeera Palestine
The man in the video is not the director of Al Jazeera Palestine.
He is Jawad Mahdi – the owner of the al-Jalaa building that was destroyed by an Israeli airstrike on 15 May 2021.
Fact #2 : There Is No Al Jazeera Palestine, Or Al Jazeera Building
There is no organisation known as Al Jazeera Palestine, or a building called Al Jazeera Building.
The building in the video is the al-Jalaa, a 12-storey office tower which hosted the bureau offices of the Associated Press and Al Jazeera in Gaza.
Fact #3 : Israel Gave Them One Hour To Vacate
The IDF gave al-Jalaa occupants an hour to vacate the building. They would normally drop “roof knocker” bombs as a final warning before destroying the building.
However, it is impossible for anyone to vacate such a large building in such a short time frame, with anything more than some belongings.
Fact #4 : Israel Rejected The Request For 10 Extra Minutes
Jawad Mahdi was seen in the video asking an Israeli intelligence officer for an additional 10 minutes, so that four journalists can go in to retrieve their belongings.
The Israeli intelligence officer rejected his request, and the video shows the building collapsing after being bombed.
Fact #5 : Israel Claimed Hamas Secretly Used The Building
IDF and the Israeli government claimed that Hamas secretly used the building for “military intelligence purposes” and a unit operating out of the building had been “conducting sabotage operations against the IDF”.
However, they did not offer any evidence, or explain why it was justifiable to demolish a 12-storey office building that was “secretly” being used by Hamas.
It was also not explained why it was not possible to give journalist the extra 10 minutes to retrieve their belongings, when they had no issue giving the other occupants (and the secret Hamas operatives inside) an hour to evacuate the building.
- Fact Check : Palestinian Home Occupied By Brooklyn Couple?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- Why This Man Received A FAKE COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : US Withdraws After Chinese Jamming Attacks?
- Fake COVID-19 Vaccine Injection In Malaysia Debunked!
- Fact Check : New Deadly African COVID-19 Variant?
- Is COVID-19 Spreading Through Gas / Petrol Pumps?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Check For The Alert!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Opt-In Round 2 : Here Are The Details!
- Fake News Alert : Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents!
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Second Dose Set At 12 Weeks!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Cause Prion / Alzheimer’s Disease?
- When Can You Get Vaccinated After COVID-19 Infection?
- KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
- Did Salk Institute Prove Covid-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Tech ARP