Is HR 748 – the CARES Act – evidence that the COVID-19 pandemic was planned – a plandemic?
Find out what HR 748 (CARES Act) is all about, and what the FACTS really are!
Note : This article was originally posted on 5 May 2020, and was updated and reposted on 11 June 2021 because the Brian Young video is being recirculated again!
Claim : HR 748 CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic!
Conspiracy theorists are pointing out that the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act, also known as HR 748, was introduced in January 2019.
Since this was many months BEFORE COVID-19 started appearing in Wuhan, they believe it is evidence that COVID-19 must have been designed and manufactured in a US lab.
One of these conspiracy nut jobs is one Brian Young, who creates all sorts of BS videos on his YouTube channel – High Impact Vlogs.
Here is a “high impact” screenshot of his “documented proof” video, in which he described it as a Plandemic designed to give governments tighter control.
Such videos and claims continue to be shared on social media, with comments like this :
Must watch this video. It shows that based on public documents…. etc, US goverment came out with an act to tackle Corona Virus way back in January 2019!!!
That’s partly because Brian Young himself refused to remove his fake video after it was exposed, probably to keep earning advertising money from it.
CARES Act (HR 748) COVID-19 Plandemic Plot : TLDR Summary
These claims are UTTER BULLSHIT based on an intentional “misunderstanding” of the facts :
- HR 748 was introduced in January 2019 as a completely different act called Middle Class Health Benefits Tax Repeal Act of 2019
- It was amended by the US Senate in March 2020, becoming the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act at that point.
- The Trump Administration was not prepared for the pandemic, which would not happen if this was really a planned pandemic.
Brian Young admitted he was wrong, but kept his video up – probably to keep making money off it, even though he knows it’s completely FALSE!
This is yet another example of why conspiracy theorists are nothing more than lying charlatans. You would be wise to stop believing these “geniuses”.
CARES Act (HR 748) : The Facts
Fact #1 : HR 748 Was Introduced On January 24, 2019
US House Bill HR 748, which is now known as the CARES Act, was indeed introduced by Congressman Joe Courtney on Connecticut on January 24, 2019.
It passed in the House of Representatives on July 17, 2019, and was sent to the Senate on July 18, 2019.
Fact #2 : HR 748 Was Not The CARES Act In 2019
When it was introduced and passed in the House of Representatives, HR 748 was not known as the CARES Act.
It was the Middle Class Health Benefits Tax Repeal Act of 2019, and was explicitly meant to repeal “the excise tax on employer-sponsored health care coverage for which there is an excess benefit (high-cost plans).”
Fact #3 : HR 748 Became The CARES Act In March 2020
Mitch McConnell kept HR 748 in his legislative graveyard from July 2019 until March 2020, when he needed to introduce a third stimulus package in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
That was when HR 748 was massively amended and became the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act. It was signed into law on March 27, 2020.
Fact #4 : The CARES Act Was Third US Bill Related To COVID-19
What conspiracy theorists fail to notice is that the CARES Act was not even the first US bill to address the COVID-19 crisis.
The first was the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act 2020 – a $8.3 billion bill signed into law on March 6, 2020.
The second was the Families First Coronavirus Response Act – a $104 billion bill signed into law on March 18, 2020.
Fact #5 : The Trump Administration Did Not Prepare For COVID-19
Conspiracy theorists also ignored a very critical flaw with their argument – the Trump Administration’s actions show that they simply did not prepare for COVID-19.
- The Trump Administration only created a coronavirus task force on January 29, 2020.
- By the end of February 2020, the United States did not even have proper tests, because of tainted reagents.
- Only on February 29 did the FDA finally announce that US labs would be allowed to use their own COVID-19 tests.
- Only on March 13, 2020 did US President Trump finally declare a national emergency.
- Only on April 3, 2020, did the Trump Administration start recommending that people start wearing face masks, but made it voluntary.
More importantly, by May 5, 2020, the United States had the most coronavirus cases in the world – over 1.2 million infected, and the most deaths from COVID-19 – over 69,000 dead.
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Will Anaesthetic Kill Those Vaccinated Against COVID-19?
- Fact Check : COVID-19 Vaccine Advice By Singapore Doctor?
- Fact Check : CDC Advice On Avoiding COVID-19 Infection?
- India Drops Ivermectin, HCQ + Favipiravir As COVID-19 Drugs!
- When + How To Update COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- Malaysia Kicks off Ivermectin Trial For COVID-19 Patients!
- Did New York Times Rank Chinese Vaccines As World Safest?
- MySejahtera : How To Change / Cancel Vaccine Appointment?
- New MySejahtera Vaccine Appointment Feature For Seniors?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 4 June 2021 Edition!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
- Did Man Die From COVID-19 Contaminated Package?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP