Heard of the George Floyd Challenge? It’s the new social media challenge that just started on Snapchat, TikTok, Reddit and Facebook.
Find out what the George Floyd Challenge is all about, and why NO ONE should do it!
George Floyd Challenge : What Is It?
The George Floyd Challenge is a new social media challenge, which involves taking pictures or a video of one person kneeling on another person’s neck for 8-9 minutes.
The idea is to prove that Derek Chauvin, the Minnesota police officer who kneeled on George Floyd, could not possibly be responsible for his death.
George Floyd Challenge : Racist + Dangerous!
Derek Chauvin’s supporters believe that he did not cause George Floyd to die, simply by kneeling on his neck. So they recreated the act, which eventually became known as the George Floyd Challenge.
No one should perform it because it can injure or even kill the play-victim. Parents should definitely warn their children not to mimic these idiots!
Even if you lack empathy, understand that attempting such a racist act will ruin your life. Your reputation and future will be destroyed if you do this.
Don’t believe me? Look at what happened to those who performed this racist and dangerous challenge!
27 May 2020
The first public example was probably what Dave Hollenbeck, a school wrestling coach, posted on 27 May 2020 :
Dave was quickly dismissed by the Bethel School District. And even when he tried to start a GoFundMe campaign, it was quickly deactivated, with just $50 raised.
28 May 2020
Two construction workers in Bethel, Minnesota, attempted the George Floyd Challenge, claiming “Ivan said he can fully breathe with all my weight on his neck”.
The outrage forced Shade Tree Construction’s owner Mark Strandlund to fire both workers, one of whom was his own son. Even so, Housing First Minnesota dropped Shade Tree Construction as a member.
They were later identified as Ivan Fields (the man on the ground), and Austin Strandlund (owner’s son), both seniors at the Legacy Christian Academy…
29 May 2020
Two white female high school seniors posted a video on Snapchat performing the challenge, with the caption “Aw ging can’t breathe“.
One girl is seen kneeling over the other, who shouts that she cannot breathe, while they both laugh. A third person can be heard cheering them on, saying, “You can do it!”
Both students have now been forced to rescind their enrolments into the University of Missouri and the Missouri State University.
30 May 2020
Three English teenagers – two 19-years old and one 18-years old – posted a Snapchat video of the George Floyd Challenge, which was shared on the Warwick University freshers Facebook page.
On 31 May 2020, the Northumbria Police arrested all three of them, and are investigating the incident as a hate crime.
And it looks like they will no longer be joining Warwick University, as planned…
30 May 2020
Evan Rolla, a fitness instructor at LA Fitness in West Palm Beach, Florida, posted his George Floyd Challenge pictures on Facebook. He lost his job.
2 June 2020
Two English men from north-east Fife posted this picture on Snapchat, with the caption “George floyd challenge 2020“.
One of them – a 26-year old man – was arrested by Police Scotland the next day.
2 June 2020
Two students from the Gray Stone Day School (Grades 6-12) posted this picture on Snapchat, with the caption “george floyd challenge“.
On 4 June 2020, the school posted this statement (partial) :
4 June 2020
This couple posted their version of the challenge on Facebook, with the man actually wearing a blue I Can’t Breathe t-shirt!
Paula McGuigan initially claimed she was hacked, but later removed her Facebook page and apologised for posting the picture :
4 June 2020
These two racist fools were identified as Sergio Gomez and Alejandro Taranzo, both students of the University of Maryland (UMD), which quickly responded on Friday, 5 May 2020 :
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fake CARES Act YouTube Video Perpetuates COVID-19 Hoax
- Fact Check : CARES Act (HR 748) Proves COVID-19 Plot!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Acronis Cyber Protect : What Does It Offer?
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Photo + Video | Home
Support Tech ARP!