A WhatsApp message about gadget radiation KILLING kids forced to study at home during the COVID-19 pandemic has gone viral.
Take a look at the viral story about gadget radiation, and find out what the FACTS really are! 🤔
Claim : Gadget Radiation Killing Kids Forced To Study At Home!
This is the WhatsApp message that has gone viral, and is being furiously shared by alarmed parents.
Gadget Radiation Killing Kids? : The FACTS!
NO, gadget radiation is NOT, repeat… NOT killing kids who are being forced to study at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is yet another fake story being circulated on the Internet to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt).
Here are the reasons why gadget radiation is not killing kids…
Reason #1 : No Evidence The Case Exists
The story appears to originate in India, and is quite specific that the student died on 31 October 2020.
However, we could not find any reference to any Standard 12 student in India, being taken off the ventilator after being pronounced brain dead in October 2020.
While that does not mean that the case does not exist (India is a HUGE country), there is currently no evidence that this case actually exists.
Reason #2 : No Evidence Students Are Dying From Gadget Radiation
The claim that the doctor said that it was the 5th case during the past 20 cases is preposterous.
If that was true, it would have been major news, and would have been discussed in hospital mortality and morbidity conferences, and certainly covered by the mainstream media.
Yet, there is no mention of students anywhere in the world dying from gadget radiation.
Reason #3 : Radiation Cannot Stop Supply Of Oxygen
When brain death occurs as a result of ischaemia – the lack of oxygen supply to the brain, that is often due to :
- bleeding in the brain from an AVM, or insult to the brain
- blood clots blocking blood vessels in the brain
- cardiac failure reducing blood flow to the brain
While high doses of radiation can cause brain damage, radiation per se cannot stop the supply of oxygen to the brain.
As the student was said to have no pulse on admission to the hospital, his brain death was likely due to a complete lack of blood supply to the brain after heart stopped beating.
Reason #4 : Electronics Have Low Radiation
All electrical devices produce small amounts of electromagnetic radiation. That means everything from your microwave oven to your television, not just laptops and mobile devices.
They all have to comply with the laws regarding electromagnetic radiation. Not because it’s dangerous to us, but because it would interfere with other electronics in your house.
Reason #5 : Electronics Have To Comply With SAR Limits
The US FCC limit for RF radiation from a mobile phone is 1.6 watts per kilogram, while the EU sets a higher limit of 2.0 watts per kilogram. Practically all smartphones have much lower SAR values (head) :
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro : 1.392
- Apple iPhone 11 : 1.09~1.14
- Apple iPhone X : 1.09~1.12
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 : 0.86
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro : 0.400
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE : 0.341
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra : 0.319~0.338
With smartphones emitting significantly lower RF radiation, it is unlikely for them to have any effect, much less kill kids or turn their brains into mush.
Reason #6 : RF Radiation Is Non-Ionising
The type of radiation emitted by electrical devices is radio frequency (RF) radiation, which is a type of non-ionising radiation.
Non-ionising radiation do not have enough energy to knock electrons from an atom, which means it cannot create free radicals that can damage our cells.
In fact, RF radiation has lower energy than visible light and infrared (heat) radiation!
So it would be quite impossible for RF radiation to kill kids by destroying their brains.
Reason #7 : Earphones + Headphones Reduce Exposure
Earphones and headphones actually reduce your exposure to RF radiation from your smartphone.
That’s because they allow you to listen to calls and music, without putting the smartphone close to your head.
Those who are paranoid about exposing their brains to RF radiation from their smartphones should use earphones or headphones.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- CMCO : No Special Seating Or Face Mask In Your Own Car!
- Was This Driver FINED For Letting His Wife Sit Next To Him?
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Peninsular Malaysia : Official CMCO / PKPB SOP!
- Interstate Travel SOP For CMCO Areas In Peninsular Malaysia
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Science | Mobile Devices | Home