Is Margaret Keenan, the first woman to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, in critical condition after developing an inflammation of the spinal cord?
Find out what happened, and what the facts really are!
Margaret Keenan : First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine
On 8 December 2020, Margaret Keenan entered the history books as the first person in the world to receive a COVID-19 vaccine outside of clinical trials.
At 6:45 AM, a nurse injected her 90 year-old grandmother’s arm with the Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine.
It was such a momentous occasion, her vial and syringe will join the Science Museum Group Collection in South Kensington, London. The Museum is planning to put the vial on display at the “Medicine: The Wellcome Galleries” in early 2021.
Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
Soon after, people began sharing claims that Margaret Keenan is in critical condition after receiving her COVID-19 vaccination. Here is one example :
People also shared a screenshot of an article that appears to confirm that Margaret Keenan was in critical condition after receiving her COVID-19 vaccination.
Note : We added the HOAX overlay to prevent the screenshot from being further abused.
Margaret Keenan NOT In Critical Condition After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine
All those posts about Margaret Keenan being in critical condition after receiving her COVID-19 vaccine are FALSE.
Yes, including the screenshot of that article above… and here are the reasons why.
Fact #1 : There Were No Complications With Her COVID-19 Vaccine
Margaret Keenan stayed in the hospital overnight and headed home on 9 December 2020. She suffered no complications from her COVID-19 vaccine.
In fact, she called the experience a “whirlwind“, saying that she felt “great“, and described the vaccination as “the best early birthday present” as she would be celebrating her 91st birthday on 16 December.
She also urged “everybody to get their vaccine as and when they are asked to do so.”
Fact #2 : The Article Is Fake
The screenshot of an article by Sam Weinberg is fake. There is no such article.
There is also no News and Engagement Editor called Sam Weinberg at any known publication.
If it at all exists, it is probably a page from one of the “satire” websites that create such fake stories for page views.
Fact #3 : The Transverse Myelitis Case Was For A Different Vaccine
While some (including the fake article) claimed that Margaret Keenan suffered from an inflammation of the spinal cord, others claimed she suffered from transverse myelitis.
It is likely that these Google University doctors confused the Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine with the adenovirus vaccine by Oxford-AstraZeneca. They are two completely different vaccines, using different methods.
In fact, some of them shared links to an article about a UK woman suffering from transverse myelitis – an inflammation of the spinal cord – during the AstraZeneca Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial.
The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine – AZD1222 – uses an adenovirus as a vector for the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine – BNT162b2 – uses the new, and completely different mRNA technology to create the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
They are completely different vaccines…
- Did Pfizer Use A Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did China Create This Amazing Female Dancing Robot?
- Fact Check : Six People Died From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Does The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Are Hackers Using Good Morning Messages To Hack You?
- Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Why Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Good Enough
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Watch : Arecibo Telescope Before & During The Collapse!
- Nobel laureate Tasuku Honjo confident US created COVID-19?
- Malaysia Buys 12.8 Million Doses Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Government : Available COVID-19 Tests + Charges!
- Is Gadget Radiation Killing Kids Forced To Study At Home?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Science | Home