Is the police on a rampage targeting car drivers who do not wear a face mask while driving, fining them RM1,000 if caught?!
Find out what’s the viral warning that got people so angry on social media, and what the FACTS really are!
Updated @ 2020-07-29 : Added face mask requirements for taxis, e-hailing vehicles, and school buses / vans.
Originally posted @ 2020-07-27
Claim : Wear A Face Mask In Car Or Get Fined RM1,000!
This startling warning went viral on social media, claiming that the Malaysian police are on a rampage, issuing RM1,000 fines to car drivers who do not wear a face mask while driving!
Everyone be very careful as Police are now on the rampage concerning Face Mask.
My friend together with another passenger just got stopped by a group of young Police guys (3 of them) and were issued with summons of RM 1,000 each because the Police say that if you were travelling alone you can be in the car without mask but if more then 1 person everyone in the car MUST wear mask at all times!
No, You Won’t Get Fined For Not Wearing A Face Mask In Your Car
This is yet another Internet hoax… for now.
The Malaysia government could, in the future, institute such a requirement, but at the moment – this is NOT TRUE.
That’s why we intentionally placed a HOAX overlay to the screenshot above, to avoid it from being further shared.
Fact #1 : Compulsory Wearing Of Face Mask Only Starts In August!
On 23 July 2020, Senior Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that the face mask will be mandatory in these public spaces starting 1 August 2020.
- Inside public transportation
- Crowded public spaces
- Areas where social distancing is impossible
Those who flout the mandatory face mask rule will be subject to a fine of up to RM 1,000.
However, this new requirement doesn’t start until August, so claims that the police are issuing fines for not wearing a face mask right now are FALSE.
Fact #2 : No Requirement To Wear A Face Mask In Your Own Car
While we will soon be required to wear a face mask in public spaces, there is NO REQUIREMENT to wear a face mask in your own car.
You are only required to wear a face mask inside public transportation, not your own car.
Fact #3 : No Report Of Anyone Getting Fined For Not Wearing Face Masks In Car
The Malaysian police have been actively warning people against breaking the government’s COVID-19 preventive measures.
They even made public massive fines for those who violate the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020.
Yet there has been no report of the police issuing fines for not wearing a face mask inside a car.
Neither would there be such fines because face masks are not yet mandatory, not until August 2020.
Fact #4 : Face Masks Are Required In School Buses / Vans
As per the Malaysia Transportation Ministry SOP issued on 9 July 2020, face masks are mandatory in school buses and vans.
Both the driver, as well as the students, must wear face masks while they are in the school bus / van.
Fact #5 : Face Masks Are Required In Taxis & E-Hailing Vehicles
As per the Malaysia Transportation Ministry SOP issued on 23 June 2020, face masks are mandatory in taxis and e-hailing vehicles.
Both the driver, as well as passengers, must wear face masks while they are in the taxi or e-hailing vehicle.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Fact Check : Morgue Employee Cremated By Mistake?
- Fact Check : Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine?
- Home Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Are They?
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Free Influenza Vaccine Expiring Soon : Should You Take It?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Automotive + Travel | Home
Support Tech ARP!