The Cyber Crime hoax on WhatsApp is circulating, warning people that they are being monitored by the government.
Well, not to worry – unless you are living in China – this is yet another Internet hoax. Here is why we know that…
The Cyber Crime WhatsApp Warning Hoax
This is the Cyber Crime warning hoax that has been circulating on WhatsApp :
Note that it’s generic enough that it can apply to almost any government in the world.
The Cyber Crime WhatsApp Warning Hoax Debunked!
And here is why this is nothing more than yet another Internet hoax :
Only China Is Capable Of Doing This
The only country that has accomplished most of what was shared above is China, but it took them decades to erect the Great Firewall of China.
It’s not just the massive infrastructure that needs to be created, it also requires legislation to be enacted, and considerable manpower and resources to maintain such a system.
However, no other country has come close to spending the money and resources on a similar scale, although Cuba, Vietnam, Zimbabwe and Belarus have imported some surveillance technology from China.
WhatsApp, Instagram + Facebook Messenger Have End-to-End Encryption
All three Facebook-owned apps are now running on the same common platform, which provides end-to-end encryption.
End-to-end encryption protects messages as they travel through the Internet, and specifically prevents anyone (bad guys or your friendly government censor) from snooping into your conversation.
That is also why all three are banned in China…
The Police Cannot Enact Laws
There are cybercrime laws in most, if not every, country in the world. But they are all enacted by legislative bodies of some sort, not the police.
The police is the executive arm in a country, empowered to enforce the law. They do not have the power to create a law, and then act on it.
Even The Government Has Debunked It!
Just in case you are still not convinced, even the Malaysian government issued a fact check on this hoax, debunking it as fake news :
Basically, it states “The Ministry of Home Affairs has NEVER recorded telephone calls or monitored social media in this country“.
- Did The Chinese Use Tea To Cure COVID-19 In Wuhan?
- Chloroquine Poisoning : Do NOT Use It To Prevent COVID-19!
- Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Catching Fire : Hoax Debunked!
- Bitcoin Revolution : Fake Celebrity Endorsements Exposed!
- COVID-19 Email Scams + Malware Are Spreading!
- ASEAN Keeps 5G Ecosystem Door Open For HUAWEI!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- Microsoft : Cybersecurity Trends + How To Stay Safe In 2020!
- Malware Alert : How Shopper Takes Over Android Phones!
- Operation Goldfish Alpha : INTERPOL Tackles Cryptojacking!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Why Snakes Are Not Hosts!
- Chloroquine Was NOT Approved By FDA To Treat COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine, But…
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
- MYEG vs KKM : Our COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Real!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap : Which Should YOU Use?
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Home