Did China threaten the West with a repeat of the Battle of Waterloo in the South China Sea?
Find out what is this Chinese threat going viral on social media, and what the FACTS really are…
Claim : China threatens West with Battle of Waterloo in South China Sea!
In the viral poster being shared on social media, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying is seen warning Western powers – Don’t Let It Become Your Waterloo! with a hypothetical scenario.
It was originally posted sometime in July 2020, but was “reactivated” in May 2021 during heightened tensions with the West.
China threatens West with Waterloo in South China Sea : Complete BS
Fact #1 : Hua Chunying Never Threatened Waterloo
Anyone who checks Hua Chunying’s official Twitter account can confirm that she never posted such a threat.
She may be sarcastic and controversial in her remarks, but she is the official spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
Such an overt threat of military action against the US, UK, Australia and Japan, will be seen as an official declaration of hostile intent by China.
It would certainly free the West to ramp up their support of Taiwan, and to actively prepare for hostilities with China.
Fact #2 : Chinese Censors Would Not Have Allowed Such Fake News, Unless…
Such a fake post would not be allowed to be shared on social media, especially Chinese microblogs, without the expressed permission of the Chinese government.
We should also not forget that they quickly clamped down on Dr. Li Wenliang when he tried to warn his fellow doctors about COVID-19, forcing him to sign a letter promising not to do it again.
So it would only be possible for any Chinese-related fake news to be spread so widely, with the tacit approval of the Chinese government.
Fact #3 : EMP Weapons Can Disable Ships + Planes, But…
EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) weapons can be used to disrupt or destroy electronics on ships and planes, but they are not magical weapons as claimed in the post :
- High-Altitude EMP (HEMP) weapons detonate nuclear warheads in the stratosphere to disrupt electronics in a wide area.
- Non-Nuclear EMP (NNEMP) weapons that use high explosives to deliver a much smaller electromagnetic pulse.
- High-Powered Microwave (HPM) weapons like magnetrons and vircators – think of them as primitive versions of the ion cannons you see in Star Wars.
A Chinese HEMP weapon would destroy electronics in a very large area (including their own), so it won’t be deployed close to their own coast. This is something they would deploy against the US homeland.
An NNEMP missile would be something the Chinese would use against a carrier group, affecting a relatively small area – several dozen kilometres. However, these missiles would require constant targeting data, or the carrier group could simply move out of danger in mere minutes.
HPM weapons are still rather primitive with very short range. They also cannot target mass targets like EMP weapons.
Fact #4 : Disabled Missiles Won’t Return To Base
We applaud the writer for his/her creativity, but unlike regular mail, missiles don’t come with a return address.
Missiles disabled by EMP weapons, or electronic jammers, will just lose direction or fall harmlessly out of the sky.
They won’t, however, fly back to their base like homing pigeons. Neither can the Chinese reprogram them to return to base…
Fact #5 : China Is The Aggressor Here
While the writer warns of reprisals if the US, UK, Australia and Japan attack, the fact of the matter is – China is the aggressor in the South China Sea.
Whatever may have happened in the past, the US, UK, Australia and Japan are not the ones illegally building artificial islands, or militarising them, or threatening harm to passing ships and planes.
There is no danger of the US, UK, Australia or Japan attacking China. No one in the right mind would believe in such nonsense.
Rather, the danger lies in Chinese overreach in the South China Sea sparking a war, like how Hitler’s overreach with the invasion of Poland started World War 2.
Arguably, only an attack on Taiwan would draw the Western powers (sans Japan) to intervene militarily, and a military occupation of the Senkaku Islands would force Japan and the US to respond militarily.
Fact #6 : China Would Be The French At Waterloo
It’s not certain why China would warn the Western powers and Japan that they would face their own Battle of Waterloo.
In the Battle of Waterloo, it was Napoleon who attacked the allied forces from Prussia, the UK, the Netherlands, Hanover, Brunswick and Nassau.
In this fan fiction, China would be the French at Waterloo, fighting against the allied forces from the US, UK, Australia and Japan.
Is the writer suggesting that China is bound to lose against the allied forces? Interesting…
- Can Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Cause Prion / Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- When Can You Get Vaccinated After COVID-19 Infection?
- KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
- Did Salk Institute Prove Covid-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ Universiti Malaya : A Video Guide!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Now Optional, Could Offer A Shortcut!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Aerospace | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!