Did China lift the Indonesian submarine, KRI Nanggala, from the depths when no other country could?
Find out what’s going on, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : China Lifted KRI Nanggala From 838 Metres!
This viral message has been circulating on WhatsApp, together with a gruesome video showing naked and half-naked bodies of dead men lined up on the floor.
We will not show you the video, but we can share this screenshot with you.
China Lifted KRI Nanggala From 838 Metres? Another Fake Story!
This is yet another fake story about the awesomeness of the Chinese government… and here are the facts.
Fact #1 : KRI Nanggala Has Not Been Recovered… Yet
The Chinese Navy has been assisting in the recovery of KRI Nanggala since 4 May 2021, using three ships :
- Nantuo-195 – an ocean tug
- Yongxing Dao-865 – an ocean salvage and rescue ship
- Tan Suo 2 – a scientific research vessel
As of 17 May 2021, they have NOT recovered the Indonesian submarine, KRI Nanggala, or any bodies from the wreck.
Fact #2 : Singapore, Australia, Malaysia Were Not Asked To Recover KRI Nanggala
It is false to claim that Singapore, Australia and Malaysia were asked to help recover KRI Nanggala from the depths of over 800 metres, but failed.
None of those countries were asked to assist in the recovery of KRI Nanggala, so how could they fail at a task they never even attempted?
Recommended : KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
Fact #3 : The Video Is Not Of KRI Nanggala Sailors
The gruesome video was used to imply that the Chinese government recovered the bodies of KRI Nanggala sailors.
After analysing the video, we can safely say that the video does NOT show the bodies of KRI Nanggala sailors.
For one thing – no body from KRI Nanggala has been recovered so far.
Secondly, the KRI Nanggala went down with 53 people onboard, but there are about 100 dead bodies in the video!
Finally, at least three men can be seen wearing the longyi – the Burmese sarong, and one of the men in the video is wearing a vest with Burmese script.
Therefore, the video was very likely taken in Myanmar, and the dead men could well be people killed by the junta after the coup.
Who Would Create Lies About KRI Nanggala???
With China’s aggressive foreign stance in recent years, it is not uncommon to see such fake stories being created and shared.
Some believe it’s part of a concerted attempt to burnish China’s image overseas.
Others believe the many fake stories are being created to drown out the negative coverage of China’s controversial Belt and Road Initiative, and their aggressive moves in the South China Sea.
Whatever the reasons may be, it is our duty as global citizens to stop the proliferation of such fake stories.
Please share this fact check with your friends, so they know the truth!
- Scam Alert : Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
- Fake News Alert : Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents!
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Second Dose Set At 12 Weeks!
- WTCKL Vaccination Centre : A Video + Pictorial Guide!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Cause Prion / Alzheimer’s Disease?
- When Can You Get Vaccinated After COVID-19 Infection?
- KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
- Did Salk Institute Prove Covid-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ Universiti Malaya : A Video Guide!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
Go Back To > Fact Check | Tech ARP