Did China create this amazing female dancing robot for a dance show in Shanghai?
Watch the viral video for yourself, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Did China Create This Amazing Dancing Robot?
Here is the video that countless people have been sharing on social media and even on YouTube. It is often paired with a short explanation in (broken) English.
Amazing Female Dancing Robot : The Truth
The agility and grace of this female dancing robot, and its facial expressions, are incredible.
The less gullible would point out that it is something you would only expect from a real human being, and they would be right.
Fact #1 : That Is A Video Of A WDSF Competition
That is actually a video clip from the 2018 World Dance Sport Federation Championship in Lithuania.
The initials WDSF (World Dance Sport Federation) can be seen, together with the recording date at the upper left corner of the video.
Fact #2 : The Dance Only Lasted A Minute
The dance in the video only lasted just over a minute, even though the accompanying fake message claimed it lasted for 5 minutes.
Fact #3 : Those Are Lithuanian Dance Champions
Both dancers are very human. In fact, they are Lithuanian dance champions Ieva Zukauskaite (female), and Evaldas Sodeika (male).
Fact #4 : 499 Yuan Was The Entry Price To Shanghai Disneyland
The fake story claimed that the ticket to watch this performance costs 499 Yuan – about US$73 / £55 / RM303. That would be ridiculously exorbitant for a short dance.
Even that was not accurate, because 499 Yuan was the cost of an entry ticket to the Shanghai Disneyland when it first opened in February 2016.
Since 6 June 2018, it has been priced at 399 Yuan (off-peak), 575 Yuan (peak) and 665 Yuan (peak holiday).
Why Would Someone Create This Fake Story?
With China’s aggressive foreign stance in recent years, it is not uncommon to see such fake stories being created and shared.
Some believe it’s part of a concerted attempt to burnish China’s image overseas.
Others believe the many fake stories are being created to drown out the negative coverage of China’s controversial Belt and Road Initiative, and their aggressive moves in the South China Sea.
Whatever the reasons may be, it is our duty as global citizens to stop the proliferation of such fake stories.
Please share this fact check with your friends, so they know the truth!
- Fact Check : Six People Died From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Are Hackers Using Good Morning Messages To Hack You?
- Fact Check : Lazada Delivery Man Caught Licking Package?
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Fact Check : Tsunami Waves Hit Second Penang Bridge?
- Nobel laureate Tasuku Honjo confident US created COVID-19?
- Maradona : Donald Trump Mistook Him For Madonna?
- Scott Morrison : Did He Mistake Maradona For Madonna?
- Fact Check : HKL Preparing For 3K COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Fact Check : Foreign Workers With Pink COVID-19 Bracelets?
- Fact Check : Is There Pork In OLDTOWN Curry Mee?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Peninsular Malaysia : Official CMCO / PKPB SOP!
- Interstate Travel SOP For CMCO Areas In Peninsular Malaysia
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Home
Support Tech ARP!