Anxious about getting the Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) cash assistance? Watch out for fake SMS messages from scammers trying to gain access to your bank accounts!
Bantuan Prihatin Nasional : What Is BPN?
The Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) is a one-time cash assistance by the Malaysian government to help citizens take on the COVID-19 crisis.
It gives singles up to RM 800, and families up to RM 1,600 in cash assistance, depending on their circumstances :
RM 2,000 or less
RM 4,000 or less
RM 2,001 to RM 4,000
RM 4,001 to RM 8,000
|RM 800||RM 1,600||RM 500||RM 1,000|
|Payments||April : RM 500|
May : RM 300
|April : RM 1,000|
May : RM 600
|April : RM 250|
May : RM 250
|April : RM 500|
May : RM 500
|Directedly to bank account|
registered with BSP
|Directedly to bank account|
registered with :HDN
Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) SMS Scam
Malaysians are, no doubt, eager to get the BPN cash assistance, which is why the website for checking their status was inaccessible for days.
So the government announced that they would inform those who qualify by SMS messages instead.
Scammers quickly latched onto that idea, and started sending out these FAKE SMS messages, asking for banking information to send the cash assistance.
Check out these examples, and note how they would ask for your banking login and password!
Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) SMS Scam Debunked!
Never Give Anyone Your Login ID Or Password!
First of all, always remember the golden rule of online safety :
No legitimate organisation, not even your bank or the government, will EVER ask you for your login ID or password or TAC number.
If you ever receive a message, even from what appears to be a trustworthy friend or a representative of the government or your bank, asking for any of those information, JUST IGNORE IT.
The Official SMS Is Only A Notification
The Malaysian government will only send an SMS message to those who qualify for Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN).
If you do not meet the requirements, you will never receive such a notification. This is what the official BPN SMS looks like.
It states very clearly that :
Only Two Valid SMS Numbers
LHDN issued a notification that they will only use two SMS numbers 62000 and 63833 to send you BPN messages.
If you receive BPN-related messages from any other number, please IGNORE THEM.
The Money Goes Directly Into Your Bank Account
If you have already registered your bank account with the Malaysian Income Tax Department (LHDN), or the government’s BSP (Bantuan Sara Hidup) program, the money will go directly into your bank account.
You do not have to contact LHDN or anyone. They will certainly not ask you for your bank login details. Easy peasy!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our homes, offices, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- China Just Sent Donald Trump These Face Shields!
- Is COVID-19 An Airborne Virus? Here Are The Facts!
- Cyber Crime WhatsApp Warning Hoax Debunked!
- Can COVID-19 Spread Through Fruits & Vegetables?
- COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Did The Chinese Use Tea To Cure COVID-19 In Wuhan?
- Chloroquine Poisoning : Do NOT Use It To Prevent COVID-19!
- Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Catching Fire : Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Why Snakes Are Not Hosts!
- ASEAN Keeps 5G Ecosystem Door Open For HUAWEI!
- TÜV AUSTRIA Cybersecurity Lab Official Launch In Malaysia!
- Chloroquine Was NOT Approved By FDA To Treat COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine, But…
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Bitcoin Revolution : Fake Celebrity Endorsements Exposed!
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- Microsoft : Cybersecurity Trends + How To Stay Safe In 2020!
- COVID-19 Email Scams + Malware Are Spreading!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- Malware Alert : How Shopper Takes Over Android Phones!
- Operation Goldfish Alpha : INTERPOL Tackles Cryptojacking!
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Home