The 1956 PSA – Avoiding The Future Plague – is going viral on social media for its amazingly prescient look at the world today, and the COVID-19 pandemic!
Take a look at this PSA from the 1950s, and find out if it truly predicted everything from the Internet, social media and COVID-19!
The Viral 1956 PSA : Avoiding The Future Plague
Avoiding The Future Plague is purportedly a PSA (Public Service Announcement) from 1956.
It went viral because it was extremely prescient, predicting everything from maglev trains, the Internet, the smartphone, and transatlantic flights.
It even accurately predicts that by 2020, a new virus will arise in Asia and spread across the world.
It also claims that there is a solution, a way to avoid this future plague, but the clip ends with the rest of the footage missing, after an advertisement.
Avoiding The Future Plague : The Truth About This Viral PSA
The production quality is very good, but this isn’t an actual PSA from the 1950s. Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : The Video Was Created In February 2020
Avoiding The Future Plague is really a joke video created by the YouTuber, RamsesThePigeon.
He posted the video on 29 February 2020, stating that :
It’s hilarious to look back on what people from the 1950s thought the future would be like!
Also, yes, I only threw this together because I wanted to have a video upload on February 29th.
He even dropped a hint in the beginning – the production date of the video is also February 29.
Fact #2 : It’s A Mash-Up Of Archival Footage
He created it from archival and public domain footage from the 1940s and 1950s, sharing that :
Archival and public domain footage was acquired from Archive.org.
Fact #3 : Doeskin Kitchen Napkins Actually Exist!
Believe it or not, Doeskin Kitchen Napkins actually exist!
And the “sponsor’s message” in the video is a genuine Doeskin advertisement from 1954.
- Fact Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Fact Check : DG Health Asked To Report Fake COVID Cases?
- Interstate Travel SOP For CMCO Areas In Peninsular Malaysia
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls In Effect!
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MyGCC Debunks Old CMCO Cross-District Travel Info!
- Machines Mid Valley : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 1 Utama Mac City COVID-19 Infection : An Update!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- COVID-19 Reality Check : 34.5 Million Infected, 1 Million Dead!
- IMR : D614G Mutation Found In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- COVID-19 : Release Patients Even If Positive After 14 Days?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Home