Is it true that Archie – Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s son – was denied the title of Prince and lost his security protection because of his skin colour?
Take a look at the Duchess of Sussex’s shocking claims, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Archie Lost Prince Title, Security Over Colour?
In Prince Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah, she made shocking claims of racism about the British royal family.
There were, for example, “several conversations” by members of the royal family about Archie’s skin colour – “what that would mean and what that would look like”.
She also claimed that they were told that the royal family did not want Archie to have the title of Prince, saying “They were saying they didn’t want him to be a prince … which would be different from protocol and that he wasn’t going to receive security”
Meghan also implied that it might be a case of “the first member of colour in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be.”
Truth : Archie Is Not Entitled To Title Of Prince Or Security
We do not know if any member of the royal family actually told the Duke and Duchess of Sussex that their son cannot be a Prince because of his skin colour.
However, we do know for a fact that her son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, is not entitled to the title of Prince.
We also know that the lack of the Prince title does not affect his security protection.
Here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : 1917 Decree Limits Titles Of Prince + Princess
King George V issued a decree in 1917, which limits the titles of Prince and Princess to :
- the children of the monarch,
- the children of the monarch’s sons, and
- the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales
By that decree, Archie is currently not entitled to the title of Prince. It had nothing to do with his race or skin colour.
Fact #2 : Archie Could Become Prince
By the same 1917 decree, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor could later become a Prince, if the current heir to the throne – Prince Charles – becomes king.
When that happens, he becomes the grandchild of a monarch and automatically receives the title of Prince.
However, that may not happen if, hypothetically, Prince Charles abdicates the throne in favour of his son, Prince William.
Fact #3 : Princess Charlotte + Prince Louis Received Their Titles By Decree
The Duchess of Sussex may wonder why Prince William’s children are princes and princess, while her Archie isn’t.
By the 1917 decree, Prince George – the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales – is automatically a prince.
In 2012, Queen Elizabeth II decreed that the children of the Prince of Wales and his wife, Catherine, would be all princes and princesses.
The reason was not mentioned, but it would be logical to assume that it was to put the younger children on par with Prince George.
We should point out that Queen Elizabeth II issued this decree before Prince George was born on 22 July 2013.
And it only came into effect when Princess Charlotte was born on 2 May 2015, and Prince Louis on 23 April 2018.
Fact #4 : Prince Title Has Nothing To Do With Security
The title of Prince does not actually confer any special security arrangements, especially if they are to be paid by the state.
Full-time working royal family members like Prince William and his wife, Catherine (who is not a princess, but the Duchess of Cambridge) are protected by police bodyguards.
On the other hand, royals with jobs outside the family – like Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie – do not have police bodyguards. They pay for their own private security.
So it was Prince Harry and Meghan’s decision not to be full-time working royals that eliminated their state-funded security protection, not Archie’s lack of prince title.
After all, Prince Harry is still a prince and Archie would have been protected by the same security detail. But that is not the case, because the title of Prince does not automatically include state-sponsored security.
After all, the British public cannot be expected to foot the bill for their security, if they choose not to work for the country, right?
- macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Safari CVE-2021-1844 Bug : Fix It Now!
- Flower of the Holy Spirit Transforms From Saint To Dove?
- 460 Deaths + 243,612 Injuries From COVID Vaccines In UK?
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Scam Alert : Remote Control Electricity Saver!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Did Al Gore Say North Pole Will Be Ice-Free By 2013?
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- Did Spain Halt Pfizer Vaccination After Nursing Home Deaths?
- Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
- Fact Check: Shocking UK Report On COVID Vaccine Injuries?
- USS Al Gore Global Warming Research Vessel Frozen In Ice?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Did Larry King Die From COVID-19 After Surviving Cancer?
- Can Ivermectin Really Cure Or Prevent COVID-19?
- Keep Your iPhone + MagSafe Away From Medical Devices!
- Why Thousands Of Vaccinated Israelis Got COVID-19 Anyway
- Focus On Fauci : These Vaccine Lies Can Get You KILLED!
- 23 Post-Vaccination Deaths In Norway : The Facts + The BS!
- Can Inhaling Steam + Supplements Prevent COVID-19?
Go Back To > Fact Check | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!