Did five teenagers die after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
Take a look at the viral video, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : 5 Teenagers Died From COVID-19 Vaccine, 2 In Hospital
On 28 September 2021, an anti-vaccine activist went viral on social media when she claimed in a video that :
- two teenagers are currently experiencing serious adverse effects of the vaccine in Ipoh
- five teenagers died from their COVID-19 vaccination in Perak, Sabah and an unspecified location.
She called for parents to report AEFI (Adverse Effects Following Immunisation) to the health authorities, as well as the PPIM and GPMC activist groups.
Truth : 5 Teenagers Did NOT Die From COVID-19 Vaccine!
The anti-vaccine activist may come across as very passionate and convincing, but facts do matter.
As of 29 September, no teenagers died from COVID-19 vaccination in Malaysia.
Fact #1 : KKM Refuted Her Claims
The Malaysia Health Ministry fortunately moved very fast to fact check her claims, and confirmed on 29 September 2021 that four of the teenagers she mentioned did NOT die from COVID-19 vaccination.
They were not able to trace the 5th case. We will update this article when we know more.
Fact #2 : SMK Tasek Damai Students Were Not Even Vaccinated
The activist claimed that two students from the SMK Tasek Damai school in Ipoh, Perak, died after receiving their COVID-19 vaccination.
Sadly, two SMK Tasek Damai students died in recent weeks, but they never received their COVID-19 vaccination!
Fact #3 : No Teenager Died From COVID-19 Vaccination In Lahad Datu
The activist claimed that a teenager in Lahad Datu, Sabah, died after receiving the COVID-19 vaccination.
However, the Health Ministry said that no teenager died after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine in Lahad Datu.
Fact #4 : Two Teenagers Experienced AEFI In Ipoh
Two teenagers who are 16 and 18 years old from the same family experienced an adverse effect from the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine that they received.
Recommended : Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
Fact #5 : Risk Of Myocarditis / Pericarditis Exists
Although KKM did not reveal what adverse effects the siblings in Ipoh experienced, it is likely to be myocarditis or pericarditis.
These are known AEFI of the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine in young males, with an approximate risk :
- 6 cases for every 100,000 doses.
- 1 case for every 17,400 doses
Parents whose children were vaccinated with the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine should monitor them for these symptoms :
- chest pain
- shortness of breath
- heart palpitations / pounding heart
The good news is that myocarditis and pericarditis are both treatable.
- Fake COVID-19 Warning Attributed To Dr. Leong Hoe Nam
- Is EU Cancelling COVID-19 Vaccination In October 2021?
- Verified : KKM + MySejahtera SMS Messages Are Legit!
- Did Medical Frontliners Convert Dying Patient To Islam?
- Did Xi Jinping Portraits Xi-eld Home From Demolition?
- Did America Hide Logo Of New Chinese Cranes With US Flag?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP