Please WATCH OUT for this remote control electricity saver scam being promoted on Facebook and WhatsApp!
Find out why it is just a SCAM, and WARN YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
Remote Control Electricity Saver On Facebook / WhatsApp
After TNB started introducing expanding the installation of the new smart digital meter, people noticed that their electricity bills shot up significantly.
This led scammers to introduce “electricity saving devices”, and the latest one is this Remote Control Electricity Saver that is being promoted on Facebook and WhatsApp.
This Remote Control Electricity Saver (超省电) claims to let you cheat the new digital electricity meter by turning it on and off remotely.
- Only applicable for digital meter
- No tracking on adjusting the meter
- No evidence left to show illegal action
- Not required to remove the current meter
It is being advertised on Facebook (with our English translation).
Alat Kawalan Jauh Penjimatan Kuasa
(Remote Control Electricity Saving Device
-Single Phase Rm450
-Three Phase Rm750
-Warranty 1 tahun
(-Warranty 1 year)
If every month electricity bill is your burden
Earn ($) in points! Details
The most important thing is to change the electrical meter, our system is just as usable!! !!
Remote Control Electricity Saver : Bullshit Scam!
Electricity saving devices DO NOT WORK, period.
So if you see anyone selling them, it’s a scam. You are better off just giving your money to a charity… or to me.
Feel free to ask for my bank account number. At least, you will be supporting my work!
Now, here are the reasons why this Remote Control Electricity Saver is a scam, like all other electricity saving devices!
Reason #1 : The Videos Are So Fake
The videos they use as “evidence” are so fake. They basically shows the scammer turning the electricity meter on and off using the Remote Control Electricity Saver.
In reality, one scammer just turns an electrical appliance on and off, whenever his/her partner turns the Remote Control Electricity Saver off and on.
What does it prove? Absolutely nothing!
Reason #2 : The Device Looks Like A Piece Of Shit
These scammers do not even bother to make their Remote Control Electricity Saver look decent.
It looks like a cheap toy from the bargain bin in the 1980s – a crude black plastic box with tiny buttons and two LED lights. Something kids might pretend is a remote detonator for a toy bomb.
Reason #3 : It Doesn’t Even Pretend To Use A Capacitor
Electricity saving devices use a capacitor to improve the Power Factor* for inefficient devices like fans, fluorescent light ballast and voltage transformers.
By claiming to control the digital meter remotely, it doesn’t even pretend to use a capacitor! What it really claims to do is MAGICALLY stop the digital meter from recording your electricity usage.
* Important Note : Capacitor-based electricity saving devices are still a scam because utility companies do NOT charge residential or small business users for “reactive power” – electricity loss due to Power Factor inefficiency. So it doesn’t matter whether you improve your Power Factor or not – you are only charged for the actual power that is used, and not power that is lost.
Reason #4 : The Man Has Nothing To Do With The Scam
The scammers misappropriated a picture of Liaw San, a retiree from Kajang, making it look like he endorsed their product.
Liaw Sam gained infamy in 2014 when he was slapped with a RM 11,656 (~US$2,914) electricity bill, instead of his usual electricity bill of RM 50~RM200.
- Is WhatsApp Going To Charge For Picture Messages?
- Did Al Gore Say North Pole Will Be Ice-Free By 2013?
- Fact Check : RM300 Seat Belt Fine On PLUS Highway?
- Did Spain Halt Pfizer Vaccination After Nursing Home Deaths?
- Public Bank : More Fake SMS Scams! Do NOT Click / Call!
- Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
- Fact Check: Shocking UK Report On COVID Vaccine Injuries?
- Chinese Potty Sold As Decoration On Amazon!
- CNN Reporter Caught Faking Chinese Translation On TV?
- Seafood Scams On Facebook : How To Detect Them!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Fact Check : February 2021 Happens Once Every 823 Years!
- Did Larry King Die From COVID-19 After Surviving Cancer?
- Scam Alert : East Malaysia Seafood Agent On Facebook!
- Scam Alert : Ocean Sense Seafood On Facebook!
- Beware Of AirAsia X Scam On WhatsApp!
- Why You Should NOT Move WhatsApp Chats To Telegram!
- Can Ivermectin Really Cure Or Prevent COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Home Tech | Fact Check | Home