You can now register your maid / domestic helper for the free COVID-19 vaccine programme in Malaysia!
Find out how to register your maid / domestic helper for the free COVID-19 vaccine on MySejahtera!
You Can Now Register Your Maid For FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
On 11 February 2021, the Malaysian government announced that the COVID-19 vaccine will be offered for FREE to all foreign residents in Malaysia.
This includes maids, domestic helpers, blue collar and white collar workers and even their spouses.
On 24 March 2021, the Malaysia Science, Technology and Innovation Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, confirmed that you can start registering your maid as a dependent in MySejahtera :
Yes, foreign domestic helpers are eligible and can be registered as dependents under MySj. https://t.co/KatEhHLBRr
— Khairy Jamaluddin 🇲🇾🌺 (@Khairykj) March 24, 2021
How To Register Your Maid For COVID-19 Vaccine!
Your maid is considered as a dependent, for the purpose of registering for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Here is our video guide on how to register for COVID-19 vaccination for your dependents using MySejahtera.
It’s the same process, whether you are using an Apple iPhone, or an Android smartphone.
Don’t worry about making mistakes. You can redo the registration, to correct for mistakes.
For those who prefer pictures and text, here is our step-by-step pictorial guide :
- Make sure you update to MySejahtera 1.0.30 or later before you proceed.
- Open MySejahtera.
- Tap on the Close button on the upper right corner of the default Check-in screen.
- You should see the MySejahtera main screen, and it should show you a new COVID-19 Vaccination option.
- Tap on the COVID-19 Vaccination option and it will show you this information display.
- Tap on the second option – Add Vaccine Dependent.
- You will be shown a screen with your registered dependents.
- If you did not add any dependents yet, you can do so by tapping on the Add Vaccination Dependent option at the bottom.
Otherwise, skip to Step 12.
- Key in your maid’s details – Full name, Relationship with you, NRIC / Passport number, Age, Gender, Current Address and Post Code, and State.
- Check the details and tap Save when you are done.
- Your newly-added dependent will now appear in the list of dependents.
- Tap on the Add as vaccine dependent option of the dependent you wish to register.
- You will be asked to confirm that you have the authority to manage the vaccination process for your maid.
You are also asked to note that once this maid is registered to your MySejahtera account, she cannot be registered for the COVID-19 vaccine programme with a different MySejahtera account.
- Tap on Yes, Proceed to proceed with the registration.
- You will be asked to verify your maid’s name and Passport number; as well as confirm that she is over 18 years old.
Technically, it should state 18 years old and older, because the COVID-19 vaccine programme is open to those who are 18 years of age too.
- If you notice any mistake, tap Edit to change the name and IC / Passport number.
- Otherwise, tap the I confirm that my dependent is over 18 years old check box, and tap Submit.
- You will be asked to answer four simple questions, to determine whether she should be classed under Phase 2 or Phase 3 of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, as well as your location.
- The address search option may not work. If that happens, tap on the Location finder to let MySejahtera use your GPS location.
- Please BE HONEST in this assessment. It will, after all, be verified by the Ministry of Health.When it comes to Question no. 2 – Do you have any comorbities? – that refers to any medical condition you have that may put you at greater risk of dying from COVID-19.For your reference, this includes :
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart disease
- Chronic lung disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Low Immunity (Immunocompromised)
- Once you are done, tap Submit, and your dependent will have a green checkmark next to it.
- If you made any mistake, you can tap on Remove vaccine dependent, and begin the process all over again, from Step 12.
Then all you have to do is wait for the Malaysia Ministry of Health to contact you when it is your maid’s turn to be vaccinated against COVID-19!
- Act 342 Offences : COVID-19 Fines, Discounts + FAQ!
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Malaysia Buys More Pfizer + Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Was Pfizer Vaccine Designed To Make COVID-19 Endemic?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- CEM014 Eggs : Cook Properly Or Return Them!
- MySejahtera : How To Register Dependents For Vaccine!
- My COVID-19 Vaccination Badge : First Look!
- MySejahtera Now Shows Correct Vaccine Registration Dates!
- MySejahtera : RM10K ~ RM50K Fine Can Be Appealed!
- Can Coffee Compounds Cure / Prevent COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Doctor’s Diary On Covaxin Side Effects?
- Flower of the Holy Spirit Transforms From Saint To Dove?
- 460 Deaths + 243,612 Injuries From COVID Vaccines In UK?
- You Can Now Register For Vaccination Online / By Phone!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Scam Alert : Remote Control Electricity Saver!
- Did Al Gore Say North Pole Will Be Ice-Free By 2013?
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Software | Healthcare | Home