Please watch out for the Nespresso 2022 Mother’s Day contest scam!
Find out why it is just a SCAM, and WARN your family and friends!
Scam Alert : Nespresso 2022 Mother’s Day Contest!
People are now sharing the Nespresso 2022 Mother’s Day Contest scam on WhatsApp :
Nespresso 2022 Mother’s Day Contest
5,000 free coffee machines for your Mother!
Nespresso 2022 Mother’s Day Contest : Why This Is A Scam!
Many of us are in dire straits during this COVID-19 pandemic, having lost jobs, income or even loved ones.
Unfortunately, scammers are counting on our desperation to prey on us, using the same survey scam they have been using for years :
- Petronas 50th Anniversary Survey Contest!
- Jaya Grocer 20th Anniversary Scam Alert!
- FamilyMart 70th Anniversary Survey Scam Alert!
- Scam Alert : COVID-19 Relief Fund By Federal Government!
- Scam Alert : Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Scam Alert : Fake DON DON DONKI Giveaway!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
Unfortunately, this Nespresso contest is yet another SCAM that you should NEVER participate in!
- After you click on the link, you are taken to a page that looks like a genuine Nespresso contest page.
- You will be asked to answer three very simple questions.
The answers are irrelevant – no matter what you answer, you are always allowed to proceed to the next step.
- You are then asked to share the promotion with 30 WhatsApp contacts, or 5 WhatsApp groups.
- Next, you will be asked to complete one of these tasks to receive the “free” Nespresso coffee machine :
a) install an app, which is really a malware to send you advertisements, or
b) enter your credit card details
Needless to say – proceeding with this step will open you up to great risk of monetary loss. DO NOT PROCEED!
- If you install their malware, you will start receiving promotions, some of which will ask you to send an SMS to receive expensive free gifts like laptops and smartphones.
If you proceed to send the confirmation SMS messages, you will be subscribed and billed for international premium SMS services.
So never click on such contest links, even if they were sent to you by a trusted relative or friend.
They would have certainly been fooled by the scam, so please warn them too!
How To Spot Scams Like The Nespresso Survey Contest!
Now, let me show you how to spot these scams next time!
If you spot any of these warning signs, DO NOT PROCEED and DO NOT SHARE!
Warning Sign #1 : Bad Grammar
Most of these scammers do not have a good command of the English language, so if you spot bad grammar, stay away.
Proper contests or events sponsored by major brands like Nespresso will have at least one PR or marketing person who will vet the text before allowing it to be posted.
Read more : Watch Out For Nestle 2022 Anniversary Phishing Scam!
Warning Sign #2 : Offering You Free Money Or Gifts
Please do NOT be naive. No one is going to give you money or free gifts just to participate in a survey!
Petronas isn’t going to give you FREE money, just because it’s their anniversary.
They are a corporation whose business is to make money, not a charity to give you free money.
Warning Sign #3 : Not Using The Real Jaya Grocer Domain
A genuine Petronas campaign would use their real domain – www.petronas.com.
Or they would run it off the official Petronas page on Facebook – www.facebook.com/petronas/.
If you see nonsensical domains like 0yjjg61.cn, 1eaf1rnbeef.top, ldxqw.bar, etc. that’s a sign of a SCAM!
Warning Sign #4 : Asking You To Forward The Offer
No brand will insist that you must share the offer with 5 groups or 20 friends on WhatsApp.
Do not click to forward their offer to your family and friends. They will not appreciate being scammed with your help!
Warning Sign #5 : Asking You To Download + Register An App
If you click through and joined the fake survey scam, you will eventually be asked to download and register for an app.
This is VERY DANGEROUS. Never agree to download and register for any unknown app from a website.
Always download your apps from an official App Store like Google Play Store (for Android smartphones) and Apple App Store (for iPhones).
Please help us fight scams like this and SHARE this article out!
And please WARN your family and friends!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Did Italian Court Rule Vaccine Mandate As Unconstitutional?!
- Did Putin Force EU Countries To Pay For Gas In Rubles?!
- Did China Lock Down Shanghai To Spite US Over Ukraine?!
- 23 FREE Steam Games + DLCs : 1 May 2022 Update!
- Latest Air Travel Rules For Malaysia : 1 May 2022 Edition!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Home Tech | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!