The Malaysia National Security Council is allowing new applications for foreign maids, subject to a new process.
Find out what are the new requirements to apply for maids in Malaysia!
Foreign Maids : Applications Now Allowed With New Process!
On 30 March 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced new applications for foreign maids would be allowed, subject to a new process + requirements.
While they have not released details, here is a summary based on what they announced.
Foreign Maids With Existing Visas
- Maids who already have visas, but were trapped in their hometowns due to the pandemic, can return to work in Malaysia.
- Their employers must apply for them to return through My Travel Pass.
- Upon successful approval, they must undergo a swab test before travelling to Malaysia, and a compulsory quarantine on arrival.
- Their employers must pay for the full cost of the swab test and quarantine.
New Foreign Maids
- The government agreed to allow foreign maid agencies to process new applications for foreign maids.
- The new application process is expected to take 3-4 months.
- Their entry into Malaysia is subject to the reopening of the national borders.
Foreign Maids With Existing Visas : My Travel Pass Requirements
According to the My Travel Pass page, here are the requirements for maids with existing work visas.
- Must undergo a PCR COVID-19 screening test at least THREE (3) DAYS and and medically confirmed to be negative from COVID-19 before travelling to Malaysia.
- Must download and install MySejahtera on their smartphones before departure
- Can only enter Malaysia via :
– KLIA or KLIA 2 in Selangor
– Bayan Lepas International Airport in Penang
– Sultan Ismail Senai International Airport in Johor
- Must have valid Temporary Employment Visa Pass
- Must undergo compulsory quarantine at quarantine facilities upon arrival in Malaysia.
- Payment for COVID-19 test and compulsory quarantine must be paid before arrival in Malaysia.
- MKN : Work From Home Directive Ends On 31 March 2021!
- CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes Until 14 April 2021!
- Is It Wrong To Laminate Official Documents?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 30 March 2021 Edition!
- FREE + PAID Private COVID-19 Vaccines Coming Soon!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccination : Phase 2 Begins On 19 April!
- Get 50% Off PDRM Fines Using MyBayar Saman!
- Public Bank : More Fake SMS Scams! Do NOT Click / Call!
- SUKE Project : Concrete Block Fell Off Lorry, Not Ours!
- LEGOLAND Malaysia : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Pub + Nightclub Ban : Fine Quietly Slashed By Half!
- Act 342 Offences : COVID-19 Fines, Discounts + FAQ!
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Malaysia Buys More Pfizer + Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccines!
- SUKE Highway Crane + Beam Collapse Kills 3, Injures 1!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- CEM014 Eggs : Cook Properly Or Return Them!
- Warning : Pahang Limits Dining To Just 1 Hour!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?