At CES 2020, Samsung peeled away the covers, and unveiled the 2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV!
Let’s find out what’s new in Samsung’s next-generation QLED 8K TV!
2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV
The 2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV is the first television in the world to feature surround sound audio, an incredible 8K resolution, and an ultra-thin form factor.
Samsung almost entirely eliminated the bezels around the Q950’s display, creating an incredible screen-to- body ratio of nearly 99 percent.
When viewed from ten to fifteen feet (3 to 5 meters) away, you will experience what Samsung calls the Infinity Screen effect – where the bezels seem to disappear!
The Q950 is also extremely thin – only 15 millimetres across the entire display. You can lay it flush against the wall, or mount it on a media stand.
Certified 8K Resolution
The 2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV is certified to meet the requirements of both the 8K Association’s Certified Test Specifications, as well as the CTA 8K Ultra HD Display Definition.
It will be able to playback native 8K content, letting consumers stream AV1 codec videos filmed in 8K. But for lower resolution content, the Q950’s Quantum Processor 8K has improved AI upscaling capabilities that uses machine learning to create 8K images from lower resolution sources.
Optimal Picture Quality
The Q950’s Adaptive Picture feature uses light sensors and AI to analyse the ambient light and distribution of light in a particular scene, so it can ensure that the TV can maintain a clear picture with great contrast even in bright rooms, or with glare from a light source.
Because a significant amount of content we consume these days are through streaming on the Internet, it comes with AI ScaleNet that compresses content as it leaves the content provider, restoring it on reaching the TV. This effectively cuts down by half the bandwidth required for any streaming content.
Of course, AI ScaleNet requires the content provider to support such a feature. Samsung is currently working with Amazon on this feature, with plans to use it for Prime Video content, from standard definition to 4K.
NEXTGEN TV Ready!
The Q950 will come with a built-in ATSC 3.0 tuner, making it NEXTGEN TV ready! It will be ready to receive and display 4K content once NEXTGEN TV networks come online later this year!
Immersive Audio Experience
As Samsung’s flagship QLED 8K TV, the Q950 comes with the best audio solution Samsung engineers can come up with.
It has speakers on every side of the display, with subwoofers in the back, delivering 5.1 channel surround sound. But its immersive audio experience goes beyond the hardware.
The Q950 uses Object Tracking Sound+, an AI-based technology to match the audio with the movement of objects on the screen. Its Active Voice Amplifier (AVA) technology adjusts the volume of dialogue in response to common sounds like a blender or vacuum cleaner.
Finally, the Q950 can use its built-in speakers as an additional audio channel, when paired with a 2020 Q Series soundbar, like the Q800. Its Q-Symphony feature will pair the audio from both devices to create a dynamic and multi-dimensional soundscape.
Connected Family Hub
The 2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV comes with access to Samsung TV Plus – their free smart TV video service, with nearly 100 channels, including CBSN, Yahoo Finance, Lively Place, Bon Appétit, VEVO, Outside TV+, etc.
It also comes with Samsung Health on TV built-in. This will let your family members see their fitness activities, track their progress, and pursue fitness goals. They will also have access to free, exclusive content from Samsung fitness partners like Calm, FitPlan, Jillian Michaels, Echelon, Obe Fitness and Barre 3.
- 2020 Samsung QLED 8K TVs Are NEXTGEN TV Ready!
- Apple iPad 7th Gen vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 : Who Wins?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ : Golden Reel At Night!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ : Senado Square At Night!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (SM-N975) In-Depth Review!
- How To Fix NAS Connection Failure In macOS Catalina!
- macOS Catalina – The Full List of 235 Incompatible Apps!
- macOS Catalina – Don’t Upgrade Until You Do This First!
- The Ultimate Apple Pro Display XDR Configuration Guide!
- Apple Finally Kills iTunes… Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish!
- Samsung Galaxy 10th Anniversary Bundles Revealed!
- How To Get FREE YouTube Premium With Samsung Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ Get Major Note10 Upgrade!
- The Samsung IP68 Water-Resistance Technology Guide!
- Warning : Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Does Not Have A DAC!
- Samsung Galaxy A50s | A30s | A20s For Gen Z Revealed!
- Improved 2019 Samsung Galaxy Fold Details CONFIRMED!
- Samsung Exynos 980 – Samsung’s First 5G Mobile Platform!
- Samsung Galaxy A10s (SM-A107) : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 – Everything You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 | Note 10+ Colour Comparisons!
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970) Review – Editor’s Choice!
- Samsung Galaxy A80 | Watch Active | Buds BLACKPINK Edition Is Here!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973) Review – Editor’s Choice!
- The Samsung Smart Switch Guide For iPhones!
- The Samsung Water Lock Mode Guide For Smartwatches!
Go Back To > Home Entertainment | Home
Support Tech ARP!