The Six Skulls Update for World War Z is a MAJOR update with a large number of changes and fixes. There was, however, no mention of any performance boost.
But we can now confirm that the World War Z Six Skulls Update will give everyone a nice boost in performance!
The World War Z Six Skulls Update
On 3 July 2019, Saber Interactive released the big Six Skulls Update for World War Z.
It features a new Extreme (Six Skulls) difficulty level, with the Wakizashi sword and a unique Sniper Rifle as rewards for beating back the hordes of Zeds.
Saber Interactive also introduced a huge list of changes, but it conspicuously did not mention anything about improving performance…
The World War Z Six Skulls Performance Improvement?
After the Epic game launcher automatically updated World War Z, we discovered that our benchmark results were getting skewed by the Six Skulls update.
Halfway through, we realised that we should have preserved the old data for a performance comparison. Fortunately, we still had some old data based on the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, so here was what we found…
|Undead Sea Update
|Six Skulls Update
|AMD Ryzen 7 3700X||180 fps||192 fps||+12 fps / 6.7%|
|Intel Core i7-8700K||166 fps||190 fps||+24 fps / 14.5%|
|AMD Ryzen 7 2700X||146 fps||159 fps||+13 fps / 8.9%|
|AMD Ryzen 5 2600X||141 fps||150 fps||+9 fps / 6.4%|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1800X||139 fps||149 fps||+10 fps / 7.2%|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1600X||132 fps||143 fps||+11 fps / 8.3%|
So it looks like upgrading to Six Skulls also gives you a nice boost in frame rate.
- ASUS ROG Strix RTX SUPER Malaysia Price + Analysis!
- Thank NVIDIA For The AMD Radeon RX 5700 Price Cut!
- The NVIDIA RTX Super vs AMD RX 5700 Comparison!
- How Everyone Got The RTX 2070 SUPER TMU Count Wrong!
- NVIDIA RTX SUPER Comparison : Performance, Value, Watt
- NVIDIA SUPER RTX : Everything You Need To Know!
- NVIDIA Super RTX Price List + Game Bundle CONFIRMED!
- NVIDIA Ray Tracing Techniques – Showcase + Explanation!
- The Exclusive NVIDIA DLSS Tech Briefing + Demos
Go Back To > Computer Hardware | Home