Half-Life has been updated for its 25th anniversary and is free to own for a limited time!
Find out how to get it FREE, and TELL your friends!
Half-Life : Updated For 25th Anniversary
Valve’s debut title – Half-Life, has been updated for its 25th anniversary! If you have never played it, Half Life blends action and adventure with award-winning technology to create a frighteningly realistic world where players must think to survive.
The Half-Life 25th Anniversary Update includes these changes:
Originally released as a CD exclusive for magazines and hardware manufacturers, this mini-campaign was built by the Half-Life team right after the game went gold. As this was many people’s first experience with Half-Life, we thought it was finally time to bundle it with the main game—no sound card purchase necessary.
Recommended : Latest List of FREE Steam Games + DLCs!
4 New Multiplayer Maps
Built by Valve level designers, these new maps push the limits of what’s possible in the Half-Life engine.
- Contamination : Two-foot-thick steel doors block off access to this contaminated waste facility, which has questionable scientific goals at best. Strap on a gluon gun and roast all intruders.
- Pool Party : Enjoy a relaxing stay at this abandoned Xen outpost built around a cluster of soothing healing pools free-floating in space. How do you breathe here? It doesn’t matter!
- Disposal : Processing Area 3, a massive radioactive waste plant gone quiet. Tons of room for you and your colleagues to do experiments with a Tau Cannon or some hand grenades.
- Rocket Frenzy : The creaking weight of this decaying orbital satellite launch facility somehow feels familiar… If we could switch on the oxygen lines, power, and fuel, we might just be able to light this candle.
Updated Graphics Settings
Play the game the way it looked in 1998, but on a modern monitor.
- Widescreen field of view!
- Option to disable texture smoothing on the GL renderer!
- Lighting fixes including the long-lost GL Overbright support!
- Software rendering on Linux! Crisp colors, animated water, and unfiltered textures!
UI Scaling For Higher Resolutions
The entire UI has been reworked to scale at larger screen sizes. We built most of this stuff for 640×480 CRTs and apparently some of you have upgraded since then.
Controller + Steam Networking Support
- A proper gamepad config out of the box!
- Added support for Steam Networking! Invite your friends or join games instantly with no fuss.
Steam Deck Support
We finally put our game through our own “Verified” tests, and… we failed super hard. So we fixed it! After re-testing the game, Half-Life gets to officially wear the green checkmark.
Now you can play Half-Life on the best handheld gaming computer in the world in glorious 800p with improved controls and UI.
Half-Life : How To Get It Free!
Valve has made the updated Half-Life free if you get it before 2 AM (GMT+8) on 21 November 2023, so make sure you get it ASAP!
- Log into your existing Steam account, or create a new account.
- Go to the Half-Life page on Steam.
- Click on the Play Game button.
That’s it! It has now been added to your Steam account, and you can download and install it anytime after this.
- Latest List of FREE Steam Games + DLCs!
- Latest List of FREE Steam Specials!
- Latest List of Dead by Daylight FREE Codes!
- Latest List of Honkai Star Rail Free Codes!
- NVIDIA Reflex Guide : How To Reduce System Latency!
- NVIDIA Resizable BAR : What You Need To Know!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Support Tech ARP!