Are the US and Western countries sending infected birds to spread monkeypox to China and other Asian countries?!
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : US Is Sending Infected Birds To Spread Monkeypox!
The Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛) and pro-CCP (Chinese Communist Party) netizens are now claiming that the US and Western countries are sending infected birds to spread monkeypox to China and other Asian countries.
Hey, guys. No matter where you are, if you see a bird that can’t fly, can’t walk or struggle on the ground, you should never catch it, for fear of monkeypox infection. The relevant community has informed you, please pay attention to it. Remember!
Truth : No One Is Sending Infected Birds To Spread Monkeypox!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created by the Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛), and shared by pro-CCP netizens, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : The West Is Not Sending Infected Birds To Spread Monkeypox
Just like their insects attack claim, the wumao are falsely blaming the West for sending birds to spread monkeypox.
This is utter nonsense, and nothing more than Chinese propaganda. It is also not very believable propaganda at that, and I will show you why.
Fact #2 : Monkeypox Not Known To Infect Birds
Birds have, so far, not been found to be infected with the monkeypox virus, or any other orthopoxviruses. So it would be absurd for anyone to suggest birds being used as a vector for spreading monkeypox.
The monkeypox virus mostly infects mammals like apes, monkeys, squirrels, shrews, chinchillas, anteaters, hedgehogs, prairie dogs… and yes, human beings. But not birds.
Fact #3 : Most Monkeypox Cases Are In The West!
It is absurd to claim that the West is intentionally spreading monkeypox to China and other Asian countries.
If they were, well, they are doing a piss-poor job of it, because nine of the top 10 countries with monkeypox cases are Western countries!
Read more : What You Must Know About Monkeypox!
Fact #4 : Current Outbreak Spreading Human-to-Human
In the 2022 monkeypox outbreak, the disease is being spread from human-to-human, not from birds to humans.
The global spread occurs through air travel – infected people travelling overseas, and infecting other people at those destinations.
Many of the cases have also been traced to men who have sex with men, especially those with multiple sexual partners.
This does not mean that monkeypox is a sexually-transmitted disease (STD). It is not spread through sexual activities, but through skin-to-skin contact between an infected person and other people.
Fact #5 : It Is Difficult To Train Birds
While pigeons can be trained to carry messages between two points, it is not easy to train them.
For one thing – you need to repeatedly transport the pigeons and feed them at both the origin location, and the destination, until they can fly between the two locations independently.
Only pigeons have been trained reliably this way. Other birds lack the pigeon’s ability to navigate using the Earth’s magnetic field (magnetoreception), or its ease of training.
Even if the US and other Western countries want to use pigeons to infect China and other Asian countries with monkeypox, they would need to repeatedly bring the pigeons over to the target countries and back. Do you think such activity would not catch the attention of the authorities at those countries?
Without such training, the birds will simply fly wherever they want to, and not where the Americans / Westerners want them to.
It would be much easier to just fly someone infected with monkeypox to China, and give everyone there a big hug…. which is why this fake story is so stupid!
Fact #6 : Most Birds Cannot Fly Vast Distances
The bar-tailed godwit (Limosa lapponica) holds the world’s record for flying over 12,000 kilometres for 11 days straight without stopping. However, most birds just don’t fly very far.
Even homing pigeons can only fly for about 1,200 km a day, which is pretty darn far… until you realise that the distance between the US and China is some 11,640 kilometres!
Only the bar-tailed godwit is capable of making that flight. The homing pigeon can only travel 10% of the way across the mighty Pacific Ocean.
Fact #7 : This Is Just Chinese Propaganda
This is really nothing more than yet another example of Chinese propaganda created by the infamous Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛).
All of the wumao articles that I looked at so far have proven to be false… at every instance. So please watch out for such false claims.
- Did EU Torture + Kill Hundreds Of African Refugees?!
- Did China Reduce 4X More Air Pollution Than US/EU?!
- Did US Send 7000 Insects To Destroy Crops In China?!
- Do mRNA Vaccines Cause Invasion Of Killer Lymphocytes?!
- US, Canada, Ukraine Voted Against Anti-Nazi Resolution?!
- Did Dutch Gov Close Farms To Fight Climate Change?!
- Are Western Media Covering Up Riots In US West Coast?!
- Did This American Man Harass Chinese Female Tourists?!
- Did US Biolabs In Ukraine Create COVID-19 Virus?!
- Did Russia Shoot Down NATO Jets + Helicopters In Ukraine?!
- This Viral Photo Of Luxembourg PM + His Wife Is FAKE!
- Did Russia Capture US Admiral Eric Olson In Azovstal?!
- Was Captured Canadian General In Charge Of NATO Biolab?!
- Did Russia Capture Canadian General Cadieu In Azovstal?!
- Secret NATO Headquarters Under Azovstal Exposed?!
- Was Pfizer Vice President Arrested For Vaccine Scandal?!
- Does US Have Biological Warfare Labs In South Korea?!
- CNN Reporter Caught Faking Chinese Translation On TV?!
- Did China Lock Down Shanghai To Spite US Over Ukraine?!
- Did US Refuse WHO Investigation Of Fort Detrick?!
- Was “Dead” Ukrainian Man Caught Waking Up On Live TV?!
- Jin Yut Lew : Was US Chef Attacked For Being Chinese?!
- Did Chinese Jamming Attacks Force US Navy To Withdraw?!
- Did Western Countries Just Steal $600 Billion From Russia?!
Please help us fight fake news – SHARE this article, and SUPPORT our work!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Dr. Paul Hannam: Cause Of Death Was Not Vaccine!
- Did Four Toronto Doctors Die After 4th Vaccine Dose?!
- Is Interpol Investigating Bill Gates For Murder?!
- Is Interpol Investigating Klaus Schwab For Genocide?!
- Is Interpol Investigating Justin Trudeau For Genocide?!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Health | Tech ARP