Did NHL player Kris Letang suffer a stroke caused by vaccine-induced blood clots?!
Take a look at the viral claims, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Kris Letang Suffered Stroke From Vaccine-Induced Blood Clots!
Right after news broke that Kris Letang suffered a stroke, anti-vaccination activists immediately claimed that the 35 year-old NHL player was a victim of blood clots caused by COVID-19 vaccine!
Here are some examples on social media:
Recommended : Died Suddenly : Anti-Vaccination Movie Lies Exposed!
Truth : Kris Letang Did Not Get Stroke From Vaccine-Induced Blood Clots!
It’s now a tradition for anti-vaccination activists to immediately blame all athlete deaths or illnesses on the COVID-19 vaccine.
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created and propagated by anti-vaccination activists, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : Kris Letang Had Debilitating Headaches
Kris Letang (born Kristopher Joseph Pierre Irwin Letang on April 24, 1987) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player, and an alternate captain for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL).
On Monday, November 28, 2022, he suffered a series of debilitating headaches, and reported them to the Penguins training staff. He was immediately taken to the hospital for testing, where it was confirmed he suffered a stroke.
Fact #2 : Kris Letang Survived His Stroke
Some anti-vaccination activists falsely / wrongly claimed that Kris Letang “died suddenly” from vaccine SADS or a stroke caused by vaccine-induced blood clots. That’s false. Kris Letang survived the stroke, and is still alive today.
Kris Letang was fortunate to have reported his headaches and sought treatment quickly, and his stroke is “not believed to be career threatening“, and he is “not experiencing any lasting effects of the stroke“.
Ten days after suffering the stroke, Kris Letang was well enough to return to practice with his teammates. He returned to the lineup on December 10, and skated 22:14 in a 3-1 victory over the Buffalo Sabres.
Recommended : Sam Westmoreland : Cause of Death NOT Vaccine!
Fact #3 : Kris Letang Had A Stroke In 2014 As Well
What anti-vaccination activists won’t tell you is that this was not the first time Kris Letang had a stroke.
He first suffered a stroke in 2014, which was more serious and took him out of action for more than two months.
Obviously, that was more than six years before the first COVID-19 vaccines were approved!
Fact #4 : Both Strokes Were Due To PFO
When Kris Letang suffered his first stroke in 2014, doctors discovered that he had a patent foramen ovale (PFO) – a hole in the central wall of his heart.
We are all born with this hole in the heart – a flap-like opening in the wall that divides the right and left atrium (upper chambers) of the heart. This foramen ovale usually closes in infancy, and prevents the blood in the right and left atriums from mixing.
The blood that enters the right side of the heart gets pumped to the lungs where it is oxygenated. At the same time, the lungs act as a kind of filter that traps small blood clots that may develop.
However, the foramen ovale does not close completely in about 25% of people. This allows blood from the right side to enter into the left side, which means blood clots may “leak” into the left side as well, instead of getting filtered by the lungs.
These blood clots may travel to the arteries in the brain, and cause an ischaemic stroke by blocking off normal blood flow.
In Kris Letang’s case, both strokes were attributed to his patent foramen ovale (PFO), and not the COVID-19 vaccines.
Recommended : Did Adrian Dingle Die From Vaccine SADS?!
Fact #5 : Kris Letang Is Fully Vaccinated
In October 2021, the Pittsburgh Penguins confirmed that Kris Letang was fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, as are all Penguins players.
At that time, multiple Penguins players tested positive for COVID-19, but they all had mild symptoms or were asymptomatic. That was testament to the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Fact #6 : Kris Letang’s Vaccination Had Nothing To Do With His Stroke
I should point out clearly that Kris Letang’s COVID-19 vaccination has nothing to do with his stroke, which was due to a heart condition he was born with.
Claims that his condition may have worsened due to the COVID-19 vaccines are also untrue, because his 2022 stroke was milder than his 2014 stroke.
The Penguins team physician Dr. Dharmesh Vyas described the 2022 stroke as “smaller” than the one Letang endured in 2014, and noted that the symptoms resolved themselves much more quickly.
As noted in Fact #2, Kris Letang started skating on his own two days after his 2022 stroke, but was out of action for over two months after his 2014 stroke.
Recommended : Young Athletes At High Risk Of Sudden Cardiac Arrest!
Fact #7 : Claims Of Athletes Injured By COVID-19 Vaccine Proven False
This is yet another example of anti-vaccination activists abusing athlete deaths / injuries to create and propagate FAKE NEWS about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines.
So far, claims of athlete deaths / injuries due to the COVID-19 vaccine have been proven false at every instance.
- David Jenkins Died From SADS, Not Vaccine!
- Sam Westmoreland : Cause of Death NOT Vaccine!
- Anthony Rumble Johnson : Cause of Death Not Vaccine!
- Did Adrian Dingle Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Keith Farmer : Victim of Vaccine Sudden Death Hoax!
- Adam Zimmer : New Sudden Death Details Revealed!
- Why Victoria Moody Did Not Die From Vaccine!
- Doug Brignole Died From COVID-19, Not Vaccine!
- Masato Kudo : Cause of Death NOT Vaccine SADS!
- Kaden Clymer : 6-Foot Blood Clot NOT From Vaccine!
- Rab Wardell : Cause Of Death Was Not Vaccine SADS!
- Did Chevy Beh Die From COVID-19 Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Dillon Quirke Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did NBA Legend Bill Russell Die From Vaccine?!
- Did 20 Year-Old Derek Gray Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Dr. Paul Hannam : Cause Of Death Was Not Vaccine!
- Did Paul Duncan Die From Vaccine Cardiac Arrest?!
- Marion Barber III : Cause Of Death Not Vaccine SADS!
- Did NHL Player Bryan Marchment Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Jaylon Ferguson Autopsy : Cause Of Death Was Drug OD!
- Did Sukma Athlete Stephanie Sim Die From Vaccine Stroke?!
- Did Ravens Linebacker Jaylon Ferguson Die From Vaccine?!
- Did NBA Star Caleb Swanigan Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
Will these anti-vaccination activists apologise for lying to you? Nope! They will just move on to the next athlete tragedy…
Please help us FIGHT FAKE NEWS by sharing this fact check article out, and please SUPPORT our work!
Don’t forget to protect yourself, and your family, by vaccinating against COVID-19!
- Can COVID-19 Vaccines Give You Eye Worms?!
- Died Suddenly Movie : More Vaccine Lies Exposed!
- Did Thai Princess Bajrakitiyabha Collapse From Vaccine?!
- Did Health Canada’s Adam Exton Die From Vaccine?!
- David Jenkins Died From SADS, Not Vaccine!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Health | Tech ARP