Did the Kelantan palace ban Malaysia Chief Justice Tengku Maimun and her husband after she ruled to uphold the guilty verdict on former Prime Minister Najib Razak?
Find out what’s going on, and what the facts really are!
Claim : Kelantan Palace Banned Malaysia Chief Justice + Her Husband!
An online portal went viral after claiming that Malaysia Chief Justice Tengku Maimun binti Tuan Mat and her husband are both banned from the Kelantan Palace, after she (and four other justices) ruled to uphold the guilty verdict on former Prime Minister Najib Razak.
The online portal also said that even though Chief Justice Tengku Maimun hailed from Kelantan, the Sultan of Kelantan Muhammad V refuses to meet with her or her husband, insinuating that he is displeased with her verdict.
That online portal also claimed that two other persons were similarly blacklisted from the Kelantan Palace, including a politician who is now a government minister.
Truth : Kelantan Palace Did Not Ban Malaysia Chief Justice + Her Husband!
This appears to be FAKE NEWS created by that online portal to increase page views by generating controversy, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : There Is No Such Ban, Officially
We do not know how the Sultan of Kelantan feels about former Prime Minister Najib Razak’s guilty verdict being upheld (again).
However, the Kelantan Palace has never announced such a ban, so officially, there is no such ban.
Fact #2 : Kelantan Palace Refuted The Claim As False
On 26 August 2022, the Kelantan Royal Household Comptroller, Datuk Nik Mohd Shafriman Nik Hassan issued an official statement refuting the claim as false.
Here is their official statement in Bahasa Melayu, and our translation in English :
26 Ogos 2022 – Istana Kelantan dengan tegas menyangkal dakwaan sebuah portal yang mengatakan bahawa Ketua Hakim Negara, Yang Amat Arif Tun Tengku Maimun binti Tuan Mat dan suami dilarang ke Istana Kelantan. Kenyataan ini adalah sama sekali tidak benar dan tidak berasas. Tidak pernah ada larangan seperti yang didakwa dikeluarkan oleh Istana Kelantan.
Istana Kelantan memandang serius tohmahan berupa fitnah seperti ini dan menyarankan agar pengamal media merujuk kepada Istana terlebih dahulu mengenai kesahihan apa-apa berita sebelum disiarkan bag mengelak dari mengelirukan masyarakat.
Pihak Istana aka mempertimbangkan untuk mengambil tindakan undang-undang terhadap portal berkenaan sekiranya fitnah tidak berasas ini berlarutan.
26 August 2022 – The Kelantan Palace firmly refutes the claim of a portal that claimed that the Chief Justice, The Most Learned Tun Tengku Maimun binti Tuan Mat and her husband are banned from the Kelantan Palace. This statement is completely untrue and baseless. No such ban as allegedly has been issued by the Kelantan Palace.
The Kelantan Palace takes this kind of slanderous accusation seriously and urges media practitioners to refer to the Palace beforehand on the veracity of any news before publishing to avoid causing public confusion.
The Palace will consider taking legal action against the portal if this baseless slander continues.
Fact #3 : Entry To Kelantan Palace By Invitation Only
The Kelantan Palace is both a royal institution and a private residence, not a public venue. Therefore, there is really no need to institute a ban.
Technically, everyone is “banned” from entering the Kelantan Palace, except for those who are invited in, or allowed to enter on official business.
Even though Chief Justice Tengku Maimun is from Kelantan, she has no reason to go to the Kelantan Palace unless she receives an invitation by the Sultan of Kelantan.
Just like how you only invite people you want to your own home, the Kelantan Palace does not need to ban anyone. It only needs to invite people it wants.
Fact #4 : This Is Just Fake News To Drive Traffic
This is yet another example of fake news created by online blogs and portals to drive traffic and increase page views for ad money.
Here are examples of other “viral” fake news that we debunked earlier:
- Kim Nam-joon Beat Henry Cavill As World’s Most Handsome Man?!
- Did Magic Johnson Donate HIV-Infected Blood?!
- How Wikipedia Was Used To “Kill” Conor McGregor!
- Did Sam Gannon Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did NBA Legend Bill Russell Die From Vaccine?!
- Was Bill Gates Just Arrested By German Military?!
- Is Interpol Investigating Bill Gates For Murder?!
- Is Interpol Investigating Justin Trudeau For Genocide?!
- Did James Caan Die From COVID-19 Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Paul Duncan Die From Vaccine Cardiac Arrest?!
- Did Jak Knight Die From Vaccine Side Effects?!
- Did Tom Jones Collapse From Vaccine Side Effects?!
- Did Paul Ryder Die From Cancer On Concert Day?!
- Did Bob Saget Die From COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose?
- Did Danielle Hampson Die In Car Accident On Wedding Day?!
- Did Comedian Nick Nemeroff Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Josh Gad’s Nephew, Marco, Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Ghislaine Maxwell Just Commit Suicide In Prison?!
- Fact Check : Was Prince Andrew Just Arrested?!
Please be wary when you read viral celebrity news like this. Be sure to check if they are real before sharing!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Are Taiwan Gov Officials Secretly Japanese Spies?!
- Did More Die From Vaccine Than Virus In Taiwan?!
- Did Saudi Ambassador Muhammad al-Qahtani Die From Vaccine?!
- Did WHO Boss Dr. Tedros Refuse COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- How Wikipedia Was Used To “Kill” Conor McGregor!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Tech ARP