Did high school athlete Kaden Clymer get a career-ending 6 foot long blood clot in his leg from the COVID-19 vaccine?!
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Kaden Clymer Got 6-Foot Blood Clot From Vaccine!
Anti-vaccination activists, including the Gateway Pundit and Epoch Times websites, are promoting the story about a high school athlete called Kaden Clymer who was forced to end his football career after doctors found a 6 foot long clot in his leg.
They are claiming or suggesting that the super-long blood clot came from COVID-19 vaccines :
Truth : Kaden Clymer Did Not Get Blood Clot From Vaccine!
It’s becoming a tradition for anti-vaccination activists to immediately blame all athlete deaths or injuries on the COVID-19 vaccine.
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created and propagated by anti-vaccination activists, and here are the reasons why… and the current facts that we know so far.
Fact #1 : Kaden Clymer Has Inferior Vena Cava Atresia
On August 1, 2022, Kaden Clymer had severe pain in his back and legs. When his father took him to the Toledo Children’s Hospital emergency room, his calves were swollen by about 4 inches.
Doctors confirmed that he had blood clots in both legs, and surgeons later removed about 6 feet of blood clots from both of his legs.
It was then that doctors confirmed that Kaden was suffering from a rare condition called Inferior Vena Cava Atresia (IVCA) – in which there is a complete or partial absence of the inferior vena cava blood vessel.
It is shocking that a vascular surgeon like Dr. Meredith McBride has never heard of IVCA, and actually thinks “this is new“. Dr. McBride would do well to read about this 2015 IVCA case, for example.
Fact #2 : Inferior Vena Cava Atresia Causes Blood Clots
While not directly life-threatening, IVCA greatly increases the risk of developing blood clots that cause intense pain and swelling of the legs. These blood clots can also cause pulmonary embolism, if pieces break off and travel to the lungs.
That is why Kaden Clymer now receives daily injections of blood thinners, as his mother shared:
In short, his blood clots had NOTHING to do with the COVID-19 vaccine.
Fact #3 : Kaden Clymer Was Not Vaccinated + Never Had COVID-19
Kaden’s sister, McKayla, spoke out against those claims, stating that he was never vaccinated against COVID-19, and he never contracted COVID-19.
She also confirmed that Kaden was born without the Inferior Vena Cava (IVC), and that was the cause of his blood clots :
Fact #4 : Gateway Pundit + Epoch Times Spread Fake News
Both the Gateway Pundit and Epoch Times are notorious for creating and spreading FAKE NEWS about COVID-19 and vaccines.
Everything they post should be considered FALSE, until proven otherwise. Here are some of their articles that I debunked in the past :
- Did FDA Panel Reject Pfizer Booster Dose Over Myocarditis?
- India COVID-19 Cases Plummet Due To Ivermectin + HCQ?
- Pfizer Hired 1,800 To Process 158K Vaccine Reports! Should We Worry?
- Pfizer Forced To Release 9 Pages Of Vaccine Side Effects?!
- Can Bak Kut Teh Herbal Soup Cause Liver Damage?!
Fact #5 : COVID-19 Vaccines Proven Safe + Effective
COVID-19 vaccines underwent massive clinical trials, and were only approved after they were proven to be safe and effective.
In addition, they were constantly monitored after they received their approvals, which picked up rare side effects after they were administered to billions of people.
Anti-vaccination activists have often claimed that those who received the vaccine would die. Yet, the opposite was true – the vaccines are not only safe, they are effective in protecting people from getting hospitalised or dying from COVID-19.
Even prominent antivaxxer Steve Kirsch is healthy and well, despite being fully-vaccinated against COVID-19!
Fact #6 : Claims Of Athletes Dying From COVID-19 Vaccine Proven False
This is yet another example of anti-vaccination activists abusing athlete deaths / injuries to create and propagate FAKE NEWS about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines.
So far, claims of athlete deaths / injuries due to the COVID-19 vaccine have been proven false at every instance.
- Rab Wardell : Cause Of Death Was Not Vaccine SADS!
- Did Chevy Beh Die From COVID-19 Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Dillon Quirke Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did NBA Legend Bill Russell Die From Vaccine?!
- Did 20 Year-Old Derek Gray Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Dr. Paul Hannam : Cause Of Death Was Not Vaccine!
- Did Paul Duncan Die From Vaccine Cardiac Arrest?!
- Marion Barber III : Cause Of Death Not Vaccine SADS!
- Did NHL Player Bryan Marchment Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Jaylon Ferguson Autopsy : Cause Of Death Was Drug OD!
- Did Sukma Athlete Stephanie Sim Die From Vaccine Stroke?!
- Did Ravens Linebacker Jaylon Ferguson Die From Vaccine?!
- Did NBA Star Caleb Swanigan Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
Will these anti-vaccination activists apologise for lying to you? Nope! They will just move on to the next athlete tragedy…
Please help us FIGHT FAKE NEWS by sharing this fact check article out, and please SUPPORT our work!
Don’t forget to protect yourself, and your family, by vaccinating against COVID-19!
- Was Donald Trump Queen Elizabeth II’s Favourite President?!
- Darius Campbell Danesh: Cause of Death Not Vaccine!
- Did Malaysia PM Refer To Queen Elizabeth II As Male?
- Did Netflix Star David Arnold Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Vaccine Injury Force Justin Bieber To Cancel Tour?!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Health | Tech ARP