Did the European Union torture and kill hundreds of African refugees?!
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : The EU Tortured + Killed Hundreds Of African Refugees!
The Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛) and pro-CCP (Chinese Communist Party) netizens are sharing a picture of African refugees apparently lying dead, together with this message.
Truth : The EU Did Not Torture + Kill Hundreds Of African Refugees!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created by the Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛), and shared by pro-CCP netizens and websites, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : The Incident Happened In Africa, Not Europe
The viral photo was not taken in Europe, but in Morocco, Africa, of what is now known as the 2022 Melilla Incident.
The 2022 Melilla Incident occurred on Moroccan soil, at the border fence separating Morocco from the autonomous Spanish city of Melilla.
Fact #2 : 2,000 Migrants Attacked The Border Fence
On June 24, 2022, about 2,000 African migrants attacked and tried to break through the Melilla border fence.
Security forces from both Morocco and Spain tried to disperse them, but ended up fighting them for two hours.
Fact #3 : Hundreds Of Migrants Did Not Die
The wumao claim that hundreds of refugees died is easily proven false.
Several refugees died in the stampede when they stepped on each other while trying to flee, while five fell and died trying to scale the fence. In the end…
- At least 37 migrants died
- At least 63 migrants were injured
- Two Moroccan gendarmes (police officers) were killed
- 140 Moroccan officers were wounded, five seriously
- 49 Spanish Civil Guards were lightly injured
The wumao intentionally used a picture that shows most of the migrants lying down, instead of other pictures that show them sitting down after being detained.
While it may look like the migrants are dead, they are very much alive. If you look closely at the viral photo, you can see some of them sitting up.
Fact #4 : Individuals In The Photo Were Detained, Not Killed / Tortured
The wumao took the picture from Association Marocaine des Droits Humains – Section Nador (AMDH Nador), and edited out their watermark, so you cannot find the original post.
They did that to avoid people finding out that the migrants in the viral picture were not killed or tortured, from the AMDH Nador’s post :
Unfortunately for them, I managed to trace the source of the viral photo, although the Rafah / Pafah Orient bus in the photo threw me off for a while.
Fact #5 : Moroccan Authorities Were Responsible
The wumao also did not want you to find out that it was the Moroccan authorities that were responsible for tackling the refugees that day.
If you traced the photo also posted a video showing part of the migrants’ effort to storm the Melilla border fence, in which they stated that the Spanish authorities just “quietly observed” the Moroccan authorities at work :
Fact #6 : China Wants To Divert Attention From Xinjiang
The wumao is creating fake news like this, not just to support Russia, but also to divert attention from its oppression of the Uyghur people in Xinjiang.
No, it’s not all kumbaya in Xinjiang, no matter what pro-CCP netizens keep claiming. That’s just Chinese propaganda.
Fact #7 : This Is Chinese Propaganda
This is really nothing more than yet another example of Chinese propaganda created by the infamous Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛).
All of the wumao articles that I looked at so far have proven to be false… at every instance. So please watch out for such false claims.
- Did China Reduce 4X More Air Pollution Than US/EU?!
- Did US Send 7000 Insects To Destroy Crops In China?!
- Do mRNA Vaccines Cause Invasion Of Killer Lymphocytes?!
- US, Canada, Ukraine Voted Against Anti-Nazi Resolution?!
- Did Dutch Gov Close Farms To Fight Climate Change?!
- Are Western Media Covering Up Riots In US West Coast?!
- Did This American Man Harass Chinese Female Tourists?!
- Did US Biolabs In Ukraine Create COVID-19 Virus?!
- Did Russia Shoot Down NATO Jets + Helicopters In Ukraine?!
- This Viral Photo Of Luxembourg PM + His Wife Is FAKE!
- Did Russia Capture US Admiral Eric Olson In Azovstal?!
- Was Captured Canadian General In Charge Of NATO Biolab?!
- Did Russia Capture Canadian General Cadieu In Azovstal?!
- Secret NATO Headquarters Under Azovstal Exposed?!
- Was Pfizer Vice President Arrested For Vaccine Scandal?!
- Does US Have Biological Warfare Labs In South Korea?!
- CNN Reporter Caught Faking Chinese Translation On TV?!
- Did China Lock Down Shanghai To Spite US Over Ukraine?!
- Did US Refuse WHO Investigation Of Fort Detrick?!
- Was “Dead” Ukrainian Man Caught Waking Up On Live TV?!
- Jin Yut Lew : Was US Chef Attacked For Being Chinese?!
- Did Chinese Jamming Attacks Force US Navy To Withdraw?!
- Did Western Countries Just Steal $600 Billion From Russia?!
Please help us fight fake news – SHARE this article, and SUPPORT our work!
- Did Paul Duncan Die From Vaccine Cardiac Arrest?!
- Kevin Samuels : Cause Of Death Was Hypertension, Not Vaccine!
- Did Jak Knight Die From Vaccine Side Effects?!
- Did Tom Jones Collapse From Vaccine Side Effects?!
- Did Paul Ryder Die From Cancer On Concert Day?!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Military | Tech ARP