Malaysia has conditionally approved the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, manufactured by SK Bioscience!
Find out this means for the COVID-19 vaccination program in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine By SK Bioscience!
On 2 April 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by SK Bioscience received conditional approval.
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Solution for Injection
Registrant : None (under COVAX Facility)
Manufacturer : SK Bioscience Co. Ltd., South Korea
This conditional approval would allow the AstraZeneca manufactured by SK Bioscience to be used in the Malaysia COVID-19 vaccination program.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Why Second Approval In Malaysia?
Unlike the earlier conditional approval of the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured in the Netherlands, these AstraZeneca vaccines are manufactured by SK Bioscience in South Korea and provided through the COVAX Facility.
Therefore, there is no Product Registration Holder (PRH) for these vaccines in Malaysia. The Malaysia Ministry of Health will instead appoint a licensed importer to manage the logistics.
The WHO had earlier issued an Emergency Use Listing (EUL) for this AstraZeneca-SK Biosience vaccine on 15 February 2021.
COVAX (COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access) is a global initiative to provide equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
The COVAX Facility is the platform by which this initiative purchases approved COVID-19 vaccines and distributes them to the developing world.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, codenamed AZD1222, is a viral vector vaccine.
It uses a chimpanzee adenovirus – ChAdOx1 – which has been modified to prevent replication, to introduce a DNA sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
Once injected, the vaccine enters the cell and “teaches” it to produce the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins and express them on its surface.
These spike proteins triggers the immune response to create antibodies that will protect you against the real SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Malaysia PM : Travel Allowed After COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Fact Check : Nike Made Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
- Is It Wrong To Laminate Official Documents?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 30 March 2021 Edition!
- FREE + PAID Private COVID-19 Vaccines Coming Soon!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccination : Phase 2 Begins On 19 April!
- UK Government Report On Pfizer Vaccine Adverse Reactions?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did This Doctor Die From Painkiller After COVID Vaccination?
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Malaysia Buys More Pfizer + Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccines!
- SUKE Highway Crane + Beam Collapse Kills 3, Injures 1!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- CEM014 Eggs : Cook Properly Or Return Them!
- Warning : Pahang Limits Dining To Just 1 Hour!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?