Fans of Hatsune Miku rejoice! The Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 will be hosted here in Malaysia on 16 December 2017! Astro just announced their partnership with Crypton Future Media to bring this one-night-only concert to Malaysia, and here are the details!
Hatsune Miku, Virtual Idol!
Hatsune Miku is a Japanese virtual idol with over 2.5 million fans. She has even collaborated with Pharrell Williams and Lady Gaga! Kimitaka Nishio (CEO Office Manager of Crypton Future Media) explains her rise to Internet stardom :
The Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 Details
The Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 was first announced at the Hatsune Miku event “Magical Mirai 2017” on 31 August 2017, coinciding with her 10th anniversary celebration in Japan.
On the concert day, fans can expect official merchandise booths, cosplayers, and other fun activities at the venue before Hatsune Miku takes the centre stage. In addition, YouTube sensation, Chaleeda Gilbert and Malaysian superstar, Zizan Razak will open the concert for Hatsune Miku.
The Hatsune Miku Expo 2017 will be held at the Axiata Arena Bukit Jalil on 16 December 2017 at 8 PM. The ticket prices (excluding ticket fee and 6% GST) are as follows :
- VIP Rockzone (free standing) : RM 439 / ~US$ 105
- Rockzone (free standing) : RM 339 / ~US$ 80
- CAT 1 (free seating) : RM 269 / ~US$ 64
- CAT 2 (free seating) : RM 169 / ~US$ 40
Ticket sales will commence on Sunday, 8 October at 10 AM online through www.myticket.asia.
10 Fun Facts About Hatsune Miku
- Hatsune Miku was released on 31 August 2007 and her voice was sampled from Japanese voice actress, Saki Fujita.
- Miku’s name comes from putting together the words: First(Hatsu), Sound(Ne), and Future (Miku).
- Hatsune Miku isn’t a digital persona for a real singer. She’s actually a synthesised character, called a Vocaloid. Not only is her image on stage generated by computer, but her singing voice is totally synthesised, too.
- As her voice can be synthesised, Hatsune Miku sings in multiple languages and has hundreds of thousands of songs available to date!
- None of the songs that Hatsune Miku sings and performs actually come straight from Crypton Future Media. Instead, creating her songs is a widespread fan effort, with devotees around the world using her program to write and orchestrate songs for her.
- Miku’s outfit design is partly based on a very popular synthesiser keyboard. The colours, and some of the motifs on her clothes are inspired by that instrument.
- For a “vocaloid-opera” performance called “The End”, famous Louis Vuitton designer, Marc Jacobs has created a dress specifically for Hatsune Miku.
- Hatsune Miku has worked with the biggest acts in the world, from opening for Lady Gaga, to appearing in Pharrell’s music video and singing alongside Japanese artists like Bump of Chicken and Namie Amuro.
- Hatsune Miku made television history when she was the very first virtual singer to appear on a major U.S. late night talk show, The Late Show with David Letterman on Oct. 7, 2014, as the musical guest.
- There are other characters similar to Hatsune Miku from Crypton Future Media such as Megurine Luka, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, KAITO and MEIKO. However, Hatsune Miku remains the most popular in the market and became the world’s first virtual idol.