On 12 April 2017, F-Secure officially launched the F-Secure RADAR advanced security scanner in Malaysia. In their tech briefing, they revealed its key features and gave us a quick demo of the scanning it performs. Check it out!
The F-Secure Vision In Cyber Security
F-Secure President & CEO, Samu Konttinen, started with a presentation of the F-Secure vision in cybersecurity.
The F-Secure RADAR Presentation & Demo
F-Secure RADAR Services Director, Rune Kristensen, then gave a presentation and a short demo of F-Secure RADAR.
Here are the key takeaways from the presentation :[adrotate banner=”4″]
- It is a scalable enterprise-grade vulnerability scanning solution that allows for easier control and management of cybersecurity risks.
- It consists of three scanning engines – a port scanner, a vulnerability scanner, and a web application scanner
- Using those three scanning engines, it maps the security of all assets on the network, checks for vulnerabilities, and then provides customised reports.
- The scanning can be scheduled on an automated basis, usually once a month.
- The in-depth analysis from the scans allows for easier and better security management by the client.
- It can be installed as an on-site solution before the corporate firewall, or run as a secure cloud-based SaaS.
- It is automatically updated, improved and ready for third-party integration through the F-Secure RADAR API.
F-Secure also offers F-Secure RADAR Managed Services which combines the F-Secure RADAR scanning solution with vulnerability management by F-Secure consultants.