On 12 April 2017, we were invited to the Dimension Data Technology Summit 2017 in Bangsar South. It showcased a host of industry experts and leaders who lend their expertise on new digital strategies that businesses can adopt to stay ahead, specifically in the areas of digital infrastructure, hybrid cloud, workspaces for tomorrow, and cybersecurity.
Digital Disruption – Do or Die!
In his “Digital Disruption, Do or Die” keynote address, Andy Cocks, CTO of Dimension Data Asia Pacific, reveals how digital disruption can be harnessed to gain market share. He revealed the key trends that offer opportunities for innovation and business growth, as well as lessons from successful digital disruptions. They offer great insight in the development of your own digital disruption business strategy.
The 2017 Global Customer Experience Report
Andy Cocks then followed up with a short overview of the 20th anniversary edition of the Dimension Data Global Customer Experience Benchmarking Report. A total of 1,351 organisations across 80 countries in Asia Pacific, Australia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe contributed to this report.
Some key takeaways from this key report :
- Less than 14% of Asia Pacific organisations polled said than they had an optimised strategy for digital business.
- Over 44% of Asia Pacific organisations reported that they don’t have a plan at all, or at best, are in the process of developing one.
- The top factor driving digital transformation is improving customer experience, followed by customer demands.
- In Asia Pacific, over 88% of organisations reported an uplift in revenue due to improved customer experience, while 85% reported cost savings.
- Only 40% of Asia Pacific organisations have appointed a board level executive who is responsible for customer experience.
Dell EMC On Omni-Channel Engagement
Micheal Hoo, Principal Solution Engineer at Dell EMC, spoke about omni-channel engagement. Omni-channel engagement basically offers customers a seamless shopping experience through multiple channels. That means they can reach businesses through various methods, whether it’s by phone, social media, physical stores or websites.