Please be warned that the viral picture of the SPM 2020 grading scale is misleading! Here are the FACTS!
Viral SPM 2020 Grading Scale On Facebook + WhatsApp
A picture of the purported SPM 2020 grading scale has gone viral on Facebook and WhatsApp.
In particular, a post by MamaMia Mia on 11 June 2021 went viral and caught the attention of the Malaysia Ministry of Education (KPM).
In her post, MamaMia Mia commented, “This is why I found it odd that the kids today are getting rows of As“.
She then edited the post, adding “I don’t know where this grading scale came from. People are just sharing them. Even if they deny it, there is no evidence of the truth. The effort of children studying isn’t the issue. It’s the fact that every year the minister will claim that their batch is the best. Suspicious.”
Viral SPM 2020 Grading Scale Is Misleading!
The grading scale is often shared without any explanation, so many people assume it’s the actual SPM 2020 grading scale.
But a closer look at the title will show that the chart is actually for the 2020 SPMRSM exams – the SPM trial examinations for MRSM (Maktab Rendah Sains MARA) – MARA Junior Science College in English.
It is said that MRSM trial examinations for SPM are tougher than the actual SPM examinations, so it is plausible that they would use a lower grading scale.
KPM has since issued a press release calling it misleading, and even lodged a police report over the post.
KPM Press Release On Viral SPM 2020 Grading Scale
This is our English translation of the official KPM press release on the viral SPM 2020 grading scale.
- Fact Check : Statistics Prove That COVID-19 Not Dangerous?
- Malaysia FMCO 3.0 Lockdown Extended To 28 June 2021!
- Is HR 748 (CARES Act) Evidence Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Will Anaesthetic Kill Those Vaccinated Against COVID-19?
- Fact Check : COVID-19 Vaccine Advice By Singapore Doctor?
- Fact Check : CDC Advice On Avoiding COVID-19 Infection?
- India Drops Ivermectin, HCQ + Favipiravir As COVID-19 Drugs!
- When + How To Update COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- Malaysia Kicks off Ivermectin Trial For COVID-19 Patients!
- MySejahtera : How To Change / Cancel Vaccine Appointment?
- New MySejahtera Vaccine Appointment Feature For Seniors?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 4 June 2021 Edition!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Did Man Die From COVID-19 Contaminated Package?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
Go Back To > Education | Fact Check | Tech ARP