Take a look at this mining rig with SIX GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards, in the trunk of a BMW i8 hybrid sports car!
GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
Simon Byrne is at it again – trolling gamers with his GeForce RTX 3080 mining rigs!
This time, he created a mining rig with six GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards, right in the trunk of a BMW i8 hybrid sports car.
BMW i8 RTX 3080 Mining Rig : Trolling Gamers
As impressive as it looks, this really isn’t a practical mining operation. He probably created it just to troll gamers who are finding it hard to get decently-priced graphics cards.
World’s Most Expensive Mining Case
The BMW i8 has a starting MSRP of US$147,500 in Nevada. That would make it the world’s most expensive mining case.
The six GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards alone would consume 2 kilowatts of power at full power, with the entire mining rig using some 2.5 kW of power.
We can only see a single EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU, so he’s either underclocking the cards, or there is another PSU out-of-sight.
The BMW i8 has a 11.6 kWh lithium-ion battery, with a usable capacity of 8.7 kWh. That’s only enough to run the mining rig for 4-5 hours.
Of course, you can plug in the i8 or keep its engine running, but the mining rig still generates a tremendous amount of heat.
Even in a cold environment (it’s about 5°C in Nevada in January), the BMW i8’s rear hatch must be kept open to avoid the cards from overheating.
Invitation To Smash & Grab!
And that’s just inviting theft or a hold-up. Especially when these GeForce RTX 3080 cards command premium prices all over the world!
This is definitely an impressive showcase, but Simon is no doubt making the bulk of his cryptocurrency using serious rigs like this 78-card mining rig we showed earlier.
Recommended : 78-Card RTX 3080 Mining Rig Almost Operational!
- 2021 Kingston Limited Edition Mini Cow USB Drive!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- NVIDIA To Introduce Resizable BAR In February 2021!
- GeForce RTX 30 Series Gaming Laptops Are Coming!
- Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2722D) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2422HE) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 40 (U4021QW) Curved Monitor Revealed!
- Exclusive : 2021 MBP Will Have MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- Gaming PC Catches Fire : Was It The RTX 3090 Or The PSU?
- 15 FREE Steam Games + DLCs On 26 December 2020!
- Epic Games Christmas 2020 : 7 More Days Of FREE Games!
- NVIDIA Reflex : How Does It Reduce System Latency?
- Vulkan Ray Tracing (Quake 2 RTX) On AMD Radeon RX 6800!
- Quake 2 RTX Now Supports Vulkan Ray Tracing!
- Apple M1 : How Fast Are Its CPU + GPU?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti : Faster Than 2080 SUPER!
- RTX 3070 / 3080 / 3090 Availability Not The BIG Problem…
- Cyberpunk 2077 : AMD Ray Tracing NOT Available At Launch!
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.3
- Buy RTX 3080 / RTX 3090, FREE CoD Black Ops Cold War!
- Radeon RX 6000 vs GeForce RTX 30 : Faster + Cheaper!
- Dell G5 15 5500 Review : Affordable RTX Gaming @ 144 Hz!
- NVIDIA RTX A6000 + Omniverse : Specs + Details!
- 2020 HP ENVY Laptops : Be The Envy Of Creators Wherever You Go!
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series : What You Need To Know!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Support Tech ARP!