Qualcomm just introduced the Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 – a new compute platform for entry-level laptops!
Here is what you need to know about the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2!
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 For Entry-Level Laptops!
On 24 May 2021, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. launched their Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 – their second-generation entry-level compute platform!
This new computer platform will allow brands to introduce always-on, always-connected Windows PCs and Chromebooks with enhanced camera and audio capabilities, integrated LTE connectivity, AI acceleration and more!
Always On, Always Connected!
Devices powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 are Always On, Always Connected, just like your smartphone.
Its power-efficiency allows the device to stay in connected standby mode for weeks, keeping you connected whether for work, school or entertainment.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 delivers up to 10% faster system performance over “most competing platforms”, with up to twice the battery life of those platforms – up to 19 or more hours of continuous use!
Built-In Artificial Intelligence
The Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 comes with the fifth-generation Qualcomm AI Engine built-in, to accelerate security applications and more accurate voice recognition, amongst other uses.
Enhanced Camera + Audio
This new Qualcomm compute platform is also designed to enhance camera and audio quality, with virtual surround sound, echo cancellation and noise suppression.
Windows devices powered by this new compute platform are Microsoft Secured-Core PCs, with support for Windows 10 Hypervisor.
Its always connected LTE capability also allows faster manageability for IT administrators managing enterprise and education laptops.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 : Key Specifications
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen features eight Kryo 468 CPU cores, running at up to 2.55 GHz; with support for two LPDDR4x memory channels (up to 2133 MHz).
It comes with the Qualcomm Spectra 255 image signal processor, the Qualcomm Hexagon 692 DSP, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon X15 LTE modem built-in.
It supports 4G LTE, as well as 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 : Availability
Devices based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 are expected to be commercially available this summer 2021.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Dev Kit for Windows 10 : First Look!
- 2021 Dell Latitude 5520 : Our In-Depth Review!
- Epson EcoTank L3150 / ET-2710 Review : Editor’s Choice!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook X Pro Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook 14 Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook D 14 Laptop : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 HUAWEI MateBook D 15 Laptops : A Quick Preview!
- 2021 Acer Nitro 5 : Ryzen 9 + RTX 3080 FTW!
- Acer Nitro QG241YP : 165 Hz Gaming Monitor Preview!
- NXP iMX 8M Plus To Use Kingston eMMC Memory!
- Scammer vs Scalper : Five RTX 30 Series Cards Gone!
- NVIDIA Reflex Guide : How To Reduce System Latency!
- NVIDIA Resizable BAR : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateStation S : Why It’s Perfect For WFH!
- AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Mobile Processors Revealed!
Go Back To > Computer | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!