Is it possible that cryptocurrency miners are now using Sony PS4 consoles to mine Bitcoin or Ethereum?
Take a look at the viral photo, and tell us what you think!
PS4 Consoles Now Used To Mine Cryptocurrency?
But their demand for more computing power does not seem to be sated, and it appears that they may have turned their attention to PS4 consoles!
Take a look at this viral photo of a very ghetto-looking mining rig made up of sixteen PS4 Slim consoles.
How Much Money Can This PS4 Mining Rig Make?
We have no idea if it’s actually running, or just a work in progress though, because we never heard of anyone actually mining cryptocurrency on the PS4.
The PS4 and PS4 Slim use a custom AMD Radeon 7970M GPU, with 18 compute units and 8 GB of GDDR5 memory with 176 GB/s of memory bandwidth.
It is roughly 20% slower than the AMD Radeon 7970M mobile GPU, but cryptomining is less about processing power, and memory bandwidth.
So let’s just call PS4 Slim equivalent to the Radeon 7970M for mining purposes, which delivers a hash rate of about 8.35 H/s.
Each PS4 console would be fast enough to generate 0.00013896 BTC worth US$7.62 per month.
And that 16-console PS4 mining rig above would generate about 0.00222336 BTC worth US$121.92 per month.
Even if they are stealing electricity, that’s really not a lot of profit, to be honest…
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- Smart Access Memory Now Enabled For Ryzen 3000 CPUs!
- Cybercafe Converts RTX 3080 PCs Into Cryptomining Rigs!
- First Look : 2021 MacBook Pro MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- ZOTAC RTX 3070 Cryptomining : Why The Outrage?
- Illegal Bitcoin Cryptomining Operation Seized!
- GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop Mining : Over 30% ROI?!
- 78-Card GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Powered Up!
- 12-Card GeForce RTX 3090 Gigahash Mining Rig!
- 500 Radeon RX 5700 Cards Destroyed In Fire!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- Gaming PC Catches Fire : Was It The RTX 3090 Or The PSU?
Support Tech ARP!