NVIDIA NULL (NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency) Mode now supports G-SYNC monitors. However, you need to set it up right to actually enjoy the benefits.
In this guide, we will share with you the benefits of turning on NVIDIA NULL, and how to set it up properly for G-SYNC monitors!
NULL : NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency
NVIDIA introduced NULL (NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency) Mode in the Gamescom Game Ready Driver in August 2019.
Before introducing NULL, NVIDIA let gamers reduce the number of frames in the render queue – allowing new frames to be sent to the GPU sooner, reducing latency and improving responsiveness.
NVIDIA NULL introduces just in time frame scheduling, submitting frames to be rendered just before the GPU needs them. This further reduces latency by up to 33%.
NVIDIA NULL mode has the most impact when the game is GPU-limited, with frame rates between 60 and 100 fps. It will let you enjoy better response times at high frame rates, without reducing graphics quality.
NVIDIA NULL + G-SYNC Support
From NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 441.08 onwards, NVIDIA NULL will support G-SYNC for a better tear-free, extra-responsive variable refresh rate gaming experience.
This chart shows how end-to-end system latency is reduced by up to 20% when VSYNC is turned on, with both NVIDIA NULL and G-SYNC enabled.
Lowering the end-to-end system latency by 20% means a 20% faster reaction time from when you click the button on your mouse, to when the action appears on the display.
However, you cannot just turn on NVIDIA NULL for it to work with your G-SYNC or G-SYNC compatible gaming monitor.
Recommended : Learn How To Add ReShade Filters To GeForce Experience!
How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly
Here is the proper method to setup NVIDIA NULL correctly for G-SYNC monitors :
- Download and install GeForce Game Ready 441.08 driver or newer.
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, and click on Manage 3D settings.
- Scroll down the Global Settings tab to Low Latency Mode.
- When you click on the options, you will have three choices :
Off : The game’s engine will automatically queue 1-3 frames for maximum render throughput
On : Limits the number of queued frames to 1
Ultra : Submits the frame just in time for the GPU to start rendering
- Select the Ultra option for NVIDIA NULL
- Scroll down to Vertical Sync and select On.
- Navigate to Set up G-SYNC on the left navigation list of the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Enable G-SYNC for both windowed and full screen mode.
Note : If your monitor supports both G-SYNC and ULMB, make sure G-SYNC is selected under the Monitor Technology drop-down list in Manage 3D settings.
- In your games, you must disable V-SYNC. This will allow the NVIDIA Control Panel to correctly enable NULL for your G-SYNC monitor.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy ultra low latency response times with a tear-free gaming experience on your G-SYNC monitor!
Death Stranding : Get It FREE With GeForce RTX!
From now until 29 July 2020, you will receive a Steam code for the PC digital download edition of Death Stranding with the purchase of these selected GeForce RTX graphics card, laptop or desktop!
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX 2080 : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX 2070 : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX 2060 : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- GeForce RTX Laptops + Desktops : US | UK | AU | SG | MY
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
- Death Stranding : How To Get It FREE With GeForce RTX!
- Samsung Odyssey G9 : 49-inch 1000R QLED Gaming Monitor!
- Samsung Odyssey G7 : World’s 1st 1000R Gaming Monitors!
- Dell XPS Desktop (8940) : Premium Desktop PC!
- 31.5-inch Dell S3221QS : Curved 4K UHD Multimedia Monitor!
- 27-inch Dell S2721QS / S2721Q : 4K UHD Multimedia Monitor!
- 27-inch Dell S2721DS / S2721D : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateBook X Pro (2020) Review : Ultra-Light Beast!
- 2nd Gen NVIDIA Max-Q Technology : What’s New?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER Gaming Laptops Unleashed!
- RX 5600 XT vs RTX 2060 (Super) Performance Comparison!
- RX 5600 XT vs RTX 2060 (Super) Price-Performance!
- Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 19.1
- The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.1
- ASUS ROG Swift 360 : World’s First 360Hz G-SYNC Display!
- NVIDIA TensorRT 7 with Real-Time Conversational AI!
- NVIDIA DRIVE Deep Neural Networks : Access Granted!
- DiDi Adopts NVIDIA AI + GPUs For Self-Driving Cars!
- NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin for Autonomous Vehicles Revealed!
Support Tech ARP!